Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted any updates in a while, so here's a brief before and after for y'all on my '65 project. 82 weekends after she came home, we're about 95% there. Drivable, road-worthy, just needs a few finishing touches.

Want to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone here who gave their advice and knowledge over the past 18 months!

Day 1:

And now:

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Congrats, it looks great and glad to have you back!!!
Stan

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Man that looks really really good. Great colors, great interior work too.

FYI, Im not sure this can come across as anything but nit-picking, meant to be helpful, your passenger side grill bar looks like it is mounted a little high?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went mostly stock, took a few liberties with the interior like a custom wood grain version of the sweeper speedo gauge and deluxe glove box door; also went with pony seats but the doors are standard, as they originally were. Also added the center console, which didn't come with this particular car but is OEM from another Mustang. Other than that, it's pretty much stock all the way.

Lunarweasal- you're right, good eye! I've been having some trouble getting the bars to line up correctly, this car was missing them when i bought it and these are from another '65, I might try to find another set on ebay and see if it helps.

And if anyone has a nice used wire wheel cover, I'm in the market- the driver's side has one missing. I have the center cap, but the cover is damaged and won't stay on.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Kevin,

Maybe you could make a separate post about that. I am sure someone could give you tips on straightening it out without having to buy another. I would help, but I went "shelby" with my grill, and haven't worked with the bars before.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You did good Kevin - looks like a true "Classic", you should be proud of your work.

Greg

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Looks awesome... I'm really diggin that interior. Just simple, clean, and lookin mean.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Wow - nice! Congrats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts