Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres what happend.

Im driving down a local road, and the car in front of me ( a cougar xr7 early 90s) is going in front of me, like a normal day on the road.

Anyway there is the bus dropping the high school kids out, which is fine... the bus leaves, and we procede.

Then one of the stupid F*in high school kids walk into the street, so the cougar stops, and I stop but unfornately im kissing the cougars ass end.

However I did manage to swerve the car a bit to where it just hit the passenger side of the mach.
Didnt really do any damage to his car... acouple scuff and a hairline crack in his plastic... thats it!!!!
and all this happend roughly at 20-30mph

My damage includes

Passenger fender
Hood
my grill (will be the hardest thing to replace) and thats what really upset me the most...

my bumper, and hood braces that support the latch... so now the hood wont close.

Im glad I have found most of these parts so far
Found a grill but that will have to wait, im about 3million % poor! lol

He didnt call the cops which is fine by me

the sad thing is i couldnt afford full coverage on the mach so I have to eat this one /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

By law i know its my fault but it isnt...
a funny thing is that when I got out of the car, I was fumming mad! and i started my way to the stupid kids, and they ran, prolly a good thing.

anyway here is the damage

http://www.clubi.net/~axeeonn/wayde/Damage.jpg

http://www.clubi.net/~axeeonn/wayde/Damage1.jpg

http://www.clubi.net/~axeeonn/wayde/Damage2.jpg

http://www.clubi.net/~axeeonn/wayde/Damage3.jpg

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know it could be a hell of alot worse...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to mention that I was so pissed I threw my keys at the car and scratched more paint /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
657 Posts
Man! I am so sorry to see that Wayde. You are right though, it could have been worse. What a week!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
That sux! Hope you get it back looking like new again real soon.

·
Registered
708 Posts
After my accident two weeks ago, Iknow how you feel. I just was fortunate enough not to be blamed and I therefore don't have to "eat" it. I just have to fight to get the right repair done....

But, as I have found myself....after a couple a days you start feeling less bad about it and realise that all is fixable....unfortunately for you at your own cost.... If I had to pay for the 7000 Euro damage to my car myself I could not afford repair....

Hang in there....She'll be looking as good as ever sooner then you think.... And you know how I feel about your car....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No cops were invovled , and he isnt going to claim supposedly

but it will take me prolly forever to fix the car but ill do what I have to do. im going to the bank either today or tmorrow and getting a loan

·
Registered
708 Posts
Are you gonna concentrate on the engine and the damage only, or do you view this as a good time to do the paint thing as well?

It's too bad I have never seen your car color in real life, not even in the for sale ads here in Holland... But both car and color deserve to be put right at one time or another....

I wish you good luck, and if you ever need cheering up, just let me know...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cant afford anything now ... Im hoping i can get a loan.

Im going to get a new fender... see if my hood can be fixed, I have to get a new bumper and try and find that grill

the other engine will have to wait, and so will everything else

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
sorry to hear about your car.......i'll keep an eye out for a grill in my area. if i had one i'd send it to ya for free....i know about being broke ... if my car gets crashed i'll have to eat it also..

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jaceqq that means alot man. I think Ive found some light at the other end of the tunnel... I got paid today plus some money ive been setting aside... I think i might have enough for everything

1 - 14 of 14 Posts