Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Highland Green[/color]

Info:
Sometimes refered to as "McQueen Green."
Color Code: R
Color #: Ditzler #43644
Description: Dark metallic green. One year only. 1967's Dark Moss Green gave way to this color, DMG has a "bluer tinge". More olive and more metallic than the Dark Highland Green of 2001-2005. Only 5,488 1968 Mustang fastbacks were painted with this color originally.

If anyone has a Marti listing the color on coupes and convertibles, let me know and I will add it.

I will be remiss if I do not include a great Bullitt website:

Bullitt Fan Site

GTClown's car -

Lt. Frank Bullitt and his debadged GT 390, VIN# 8R02S125559:

Here's the difference between Highland Green and Dark Highland Green:

Some more pictures of Highland Green.
Color chip:

Yes, it wasn't just used on Mustangs, as seen on this '68 Fairlane:

Here's a coupe with C-stripe:

Indoors, flourescent lighting:

Same car, outside:

Here's the last pic, HG and DHG in a promotional shot. Not very accurate representation of the color due to the blue photographic filter used in the picture.

If anyone has any additions or corrections, let me know and I will change the thread. Enjoy! ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for the paint number. I plan on painting my car highland green very soon.

Thanks for correcting me, I thought that Dark moss green went to highland green.

Jason

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
66emberglow said:
What's the point of this post?
JDM4401 said:
Thanks for the paint number. I plan on painting my car highland green very soon.
Things like this :thumbup: Easier to find when you use the search button. Plus it's just an area where info can be collected.

Thanks for the tip, correction made.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Did the original car have blacked out rocker moldings as well?

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1960-1969/1968-Ford-Mustang-Fastback-GT390-Bullitt.jpg

K

·
0 Posts
The '68 in the Ford ad is David Kunz's from LA.
And no if you were asking about the '68 rocker panels they are not black but green like the body.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I think in the movie the painted them green like the car.

I just watched the movie last week and noticed how the paint was chipped off in spots and you could see the shiny stainless underneith.

Jason

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I never really paid that close attention until I saw that picture with the black ones, I always thought the original car had the rocker moldings removed, but they do look green in the other picture. Cool info, thatnks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
From the movie pics it looks like the driver's side mirror is aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bbenthin said:
Excellent point, descriptive titles are a good thing.
:)

Hell, 3/4 of the info in this thread was found by searching, but I never saw anything all-encompassing. So, if anyone does want to search - bada-bing.

Plus the fact that my '68 FB was originally HG, so I have just a little interest in it.

I didn't intend to make this another Bullitt thread, but the color and the car are kind of inseperable. If anyone's got some pics of Galaxies, Fairlanes, coupes, verts, etc. post them up!

I've worn a hole in my copy of Bullitt and for definite the rockers are body color. The mirrors look like the 65/66 mirrors as mentioned above. The grille is a mesh-type.

UUUU said:
I love this site!
Gracias mang :) :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts