Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
cant get th picture on here but I'm about to buy a highland green 68 coupe it needs some work but runs good and is about 90% origional. code is 65A R 2 A 05B 64 2 W
you can E-mail if you want to see a picture.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, my 65 convertible is an R-code ivy green metallic. When I bought the car 22 years ago and went to get it repainted, they told me that they were unable to match the original color code for some reason in the paint they used. We picked something that was very close...maybe a bit darker, but overall really close. Fast forward 22 years and I had the car back at the same shop to have some bodywork done after I dropped some door panels on my hood and ran over a rake. They had all of my original paint records and assured me that they would be able to match the paint perfectly. A few weeks later I get a call that the manufacturer had changed the paint color and they had to match the color manually. It turned out that the matching color, to a color they painted in 1998, was a 1999 Ford color...dark highland green metallic....they did an amazing job matching the color and then they polished it so that it looks better than it has in 20 years!!! So, here is my ivy green metallic 65 convertible that is really 1999 Ford dark highland green metallic!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Awesome car, paint and.....convertible.!!! Congrats.!!

Josep

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Here's a picture I took of the Nationwide Dream Give Away Grand Prize winner's car at the Holman All-Ford Show this past September in South Jersey. The color really dazzled and I had a nice chat with the winner. He won the car shown and a brand new Bullitt Mustang, along with cash. He kept the resto-mod Bullitt Car and sold the new one. There's just something nice about working with the classics!
IMG_4300 (002).JPG

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
He won the car shown and a brand new Bullitt Mustang, along with cash. He kept the resto-mod Bullitt Car and sold the new one. There's just something nice about working with the classics!
View attachment 737258
Lol, I was going to do the opposite, sell the '68, since I have the better '66 green:) and DD the new one. I learned of that drawing soon after announced and ended up with a couple hundred bet without the accountant noticing.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts