Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i worked my first day on my job today... and well i have been standing for about 8 hours. I was really looking forward to the cruiz home in the mach 1, and then i hit the alarm button... and nothing. My dad had left the dome light on when he droped off the car (thats a whole other story). Well, ok... i jump start the thing... and it dies again. Jump start it again... just dies out at 2000 rpms. DOH! My alternator just decided to die. Earlier that day i had to get dropped off at work because my friend had stripped out the water neck on my Performer RPM intake. Had to tap out the holes... pull the radiator... etc. Not fun. Then my alternator goes bad... So we finally get the new alternator put in, in the parking lot of the theater where i work. While putting in the alternator i had noticed a few wiring... well... goobers. The PO definatly wasnt as meticulous under the hood as he was inside and out. I think im just going to sit on my couch for about 2 days now... lets hope the couch doesnt break :p.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The term "cluster" comes to mind. I feel your pain. Over the last two weeks, I have been restoring a shaker set up I bought a month ago. I think it is cursed, at least the mid plate. I painted it two weeks ago, but the defective nozzle on the can dripped quarter size spots in three places, and they wouldn't flatten out. After the paint cured, I tried to sand them out. I painted over them and the paint wrinkled. More sanding. More painting. Same result. So I strip the mid plate, go back to square one. Finally get it looking okay. Have it hanging up on the peg board to cure. This evening, I was putting some finishing touches on a wheel and tire storage shelf in my new garage. I had an eight foot panel of MDF board leaning lengthwise against the shelf frame. Battery goes dead on my drill driver. Walk out of the garage, a little wind comes up. Knocks down the panel, which falls, guess where? Right into my mid plate, putting a nice broad scuff mark in the still soft paint, in addition to tearing the peg hook right out of the peg board. At least the car was outside at the time. And the mid plate wasn't severely traumatized. Hopefully just a little more paint.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Look at it this way...you shouldn't have to worry about the alternator again for a while :p. I think that even the trailered cars are works in progress and always have something to do to them. That is what draws me to the classic cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts