Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked all day at it. Pauls2 stopped by and he left a few pounds heavier with dirt and grease on him.

The engine and trans went together easily. However I keep forgetting that the leveler I have for the engine hoist is a piece of *&(*)(&^*&.

Because the leveler would not turn easily it made the engine much more difficult to get in. We put oil in the engine, type F fluid in the trans, bolted up the exhaust and hooked up all the wiring.

Whats left? Hook the drive-shaft to the rear end, check the dwell, set the initial timing, install the radiator and the carb.

And fire it up! I will have kids standing by with fire extinguishers. Run it for twenty minutes to break in the cam and go for a drive. It has been a while!

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Best of luck, Gene. I'm sure everything will go fine. Can't wait till I'm at that point on mine. It will be awhile. My car is returning from the body shop next week, so I have a ways to go.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Fire extinguisher...great idea. I never thought about that. Have to remember to keep one nearby when I start cranking on my engine.

Good job. I'm a few days behind you...

RAREFORDS! Great to see you on the forum again! ::

1 - 3 of 3 Posts