Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anybody is interested...I heard back from Ultra:
Question from me:
Are the Edelbrock model 454 wheels being discontinued? I've located a set at my local Les Schwab tire center and am planning on buying them. My only concern is; that if these are going away...loosing a spinner or curbing a wheel would leave me high and dry.
Can you tell me if these are continuing to be produced?

Thanks,
Brian Benthin
Answer from Jay Scott at Ultra (they manufacture for Edelbrock)
It has not been decided for sure at this time.
Thanks a lot...you've been VERY helpful. ::
Screw it...I'm buying them anyway, they're too cool NOT to. ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Hey! I think I have Jay Scott right here in my office. Let me ask him....

Are you going to keep making 454's?

<shake shake shake>

"Concentrate and ask again"

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping for a more definite "All signs point to yes"
Shake him again...I get the answer I'm looking for, or things are going to get rough! ::

http://williambader.com/museum/cubes/drilling8ball.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Brian...If you can "spend" the loot....do it! You might buy an extra spinner... but I think they'll always be a wheel or two floating around if something "were" to happen.(might not be cheap?) I'm not too sure if "I" were to do it over again...that thats not the wheel I'd be going with...they've "really" grown on me! :: ::

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that I've seen the design...I'm not too worried about "losing" a spinner, they're really on there good. Theft? I can't see myself leaving it unattended anyway.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If you have any problems getting the 16x8's let me know. The Les Schwab here has 15 sets of them! :: I went down and got a quote today......Are those spinners really $50 a piece!!!????

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have any problems getting the 16x8's let me know. The Les Schwab here has 15 sets of them! :: I went down and got a quote today......Are those spinners really $50 a piece!!!????
HOLY CRAP! 15 sets? ::
Yep...spinners are $50 ea...a 2 piece system. ::

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yep. They must use a different warehouse down here. I think I'm going for the 17's though. Maybe 17's in the back and 16's up front...*shrug*, who knows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts