Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, if there was ever a SWMBO, its my lovely GF. I mentioned to her about Bill and Shaun inviting me to attend a Thunderhill open track event. She responded with an authoritative "NO!". I told her that my car was legit for the track rules and such, but still a loud "NO!". She says I can't go until I get a roll bar and 4 point or better seat belts. That's what I get for teaching her about the in's and out's of racing let alone all the stuff about modifying Mustangs to go faster. She even threatened to go get a tattoo (which I'd rather she didn't) if I went and raced.

So it looks like I will still be watching from behind the wall /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. She is offering to get me a roll bar for my upcoming birthday. But there are still those things like seat belts, a helmet, and those things that are supposed to be sticky..... tires! Ya that's it.

I guess she is just practicing for when we get married...... I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Dave take that as a sign that she really cares - if the opposite was true she'd just let you go.....

Frankly, that sounds like a good thing all around - you know she's hooked on you, and you get a rollbar etc for your bday. We should all be so lucky. Count yourself lucky, m'man. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dickson

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
How big a tattoo?

Come up anyway, I'll give you a ride (I have a rollbar and 5 way seat belts). Maybe we should give your girlfiend a ride (in the car) she might want to drive your car in the next event *G*

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,512 Posts
Now don't be so hasty.....what kind of a tattoo and where? How do you get her to HELP you get a rollbar? I've got my pen and paper, start talking......

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
No way my SWMBO of 25yrs would have told me what to do when we were going out way back when, but boy when that marriage trap snapped shut, it's yes-ma'am, no-ma'am, yes dear, no dear alll the way now...lol... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and I love it. She even bought me a ton of stuff for the stang to be picked up at Matt's next week and I am pumped. Now if she would only say "yes" to that fastback I've been dreaming of....:)

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Dave, She's right IMHO but make sure you make it up there someone will get you and her rides I will if you don't mind breaking every now and than.

Hey but you can do the parade laps with your car anything pretty much goes on those not a speed of course but perhaps you can hook her on the idea. I did my first one at Searspoint and I'm hooked it was a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not too keen on the idea of her getting a tattoo, and she isn't too hooked on getting it either, but it is good ammo to use for a threat when the time comes.

She would most definately like a ride (in the car). But not only does she want to drive my car in an open track event, but she wants one of her own to drive! She will be graduating college here in the next year so I was thinking of finding her a project 66 for her for a graduation gift. But in addition to that she wants to get engaged (ACK!), a puppy, and a kitten!

What days are you going to Thunderhill? I will most definately make plans to come and watch for the weekend. Atleast she lets me drive it on the street....

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on that, if I can only decipher your "sentences without periods". /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

When are you fella's going up there?

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
http://www.jokesandhumor.com/jokes/pictures/whipped.jpg

(Your first issue will arrive shortly) /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Don't dispair Dave.....

It would be worse if she didn't give a flyin hoot.....

Heck I wish my GF got me a rollbar....I had to get it myself!!!
But she did pitch in for the interior!!! and stroker kit!!!

Look at it this way Dave.....this will give us time to look for that rear end and install it!!!!

As far her graduating, it is a good thing...

As far as the mustang coupe My biddy has a 65 coupe he will sell
it is a project and it is complete.

One day when our SWMBO's let us come down to my area
I'll take you to Phil's house and you can see the 65 fastback project.....and the 65 coupe he is selling....

I'm sure he will be more than reasonable...

regards
Roberto

·
Registered
655 Posts
Dave,your post has cast some doubts over my relationship with the SWMBO.When I told her (OK......asked her!) I was going to race "Overdraft" in the Musclecar Shootout,she said have fun! HAVE FUN!.......not.. "Do you have a roll cage?".... "Are you wearing a helmet?"/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Hang on to your lady,mate,she sounds like a good'n.
Art,how do I get that book open?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Greg

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I know that Shaun, Bill and I are going up on Friday (not sure which day Mark is coming up, but probably Friday as well?). You definitely have to get up there, I'm sure we can get both you and your SWMBO in for a session or two. Just remember to bring long pants, a long sleeved shirt and "non-melting" shoes. That's just for the rides - otherwise dress for hot weather!

Bring your Mustang up for the Parade lap - it's the best way to get past that total adrenaline rush you experience the first time you get your car on the track. Just like Mark, my first was at Sears Point and I was really glad it was a parade lap: I was so excited I would have driven right off the track if it had been at speed!

The roll bar and seat belts are a good idea. Even though it's open track, you just never know and these cars need some improvements to make them safer!

If you are planning on staying overnight, check out the Shelby Club website for a list of local lodging. Several of us are staying at the luxurious Blue Gum Inn. Cheap and relatively clean! Besides, when Bill gets out of hand, they won't throw us out! The Best Western is a bit nicer, but pricier too.

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Uh oh, I am worried. When I brought up racing at Thunderhill or Sears Point after the motor/suspension swap, she said, "hell yeah, sounds like fun!!"

Am I in trouble? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Vendor
5,288 Posts
Why is she worried about safety? Tell her you just won't crash... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Like Lance said, we're all going for both Saturday & Sunday. I'm sure we can get you in the cars a couple of times... Once your GF see's how fast it is when your in the car, perhpas that's not such a good idea... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Dave Already she is telling you what to do with your life. This is not a good sign
" She will be graduating college here in the next year"
"she wants to get engaged (ACK!), a puppy, and a kitten! "
I'll bet she will want children right away as well
How old are you? A young man I bet. You should see the writing on the wall brother
Dump Her Give Her the Boot, trust me my young friend it will only get worse.
Negative ...you bet! at your age you dont need another mommie to control your actions. Live your life on your own terms. When the time comes you will find that perfect partner.
Go to Thunderhill and enjoy yourself and tell her if she wants that tattoo so bad, go get it but dont come back to me with it. and then stand your ground.
Then you will see if she values the relationship

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm glad you guys are clairifying a ride 'in the car'...that funny.

Dave, you know your better half is right about the safety stuff...mine has said the same, and I tend to agree. But at least she is supportive and proactive in getting parts for your Mustang.

Could be worse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts