So my cowl was leaking tremendously from all over. I bought one of those plexi covers and that did crapola. I didn't want to rip out the whole thing and repair all the metal since it seemed like the biggest PITA ever imaginable. I think it's a good time to mention that I'm building a restomod. So what I did was fill the cowl completely with expanding insulation spray foam to seal all the cracks, sanded what was sticking out of the grates and wiper holes down and fiberglassed right over it. It actually came out really good! I have to drill holes for the washer pump hoses and spray it. I'll post a pic of it when It's complete.