Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like a good place to document progress on the 67, so here it goes!

First, this is how it looked after a stock rebuild and then 8 years in storage (I was over seas)

Then i decided, go big or go home... dropping in a 351W, T5 XMSN and 9"rear end (parts are already on hand and i got a great deal on each)

Rear end has since been rebuilt and is installed.. photos to come later

Cleaning it up and getting ready to install the grab-a-trak, so i can roll it into a paint booth

and then some random parts (theres more on order, getting powder coated, etc, clicking on a photo will take you to a few more parts)

Grab-a-trak with 4.5leaf mideye, 620 coil springs etc

"show" lowers, steel braided lines for Granada swap, pro valve, etc

and the interior is still a WIP... blasted/sanded/ground the floor then used POR-15...seats are from a 98 Cobra and are getting reupholstered to black, it has new carpet, door panels, etc... dash is going to be a custom fiberglass deal-e-o

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wow, beautiful car. It looks like you are going a similar route to me, I will stay tuned. :pirate:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, i did everything i could to clean it up after storage, but surface rust is never friendly...

should go better this time around, i have more $$ to spend on the rebuild than i did when i was 16/7

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much, progress will be documented!

I am looking for a place to get the front seats reupholstered if anyone knows of a spot... ive been quoted any where from $400 to $1100... closer to the $400 mark would be nice (the previous guy flaked on me)... i will also be getting rid of the rear seat (both pieces with frame) if anyone is interested... like i said its from a 98 Cobra... im going with a rear seat delete on this

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! just got a few parts back from the powder coating place... should be able to install the front suspension/wheels this Thurs... photos will come :)

on a side note, thinking of buying a dual voltage PC gun from Eastwood... save me some cash in the long run i think

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the new strut rods and bushings in today... so i was able to put everything together and get the car on all fours again.... heres the finished front suspension setup for anyone that has been following

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a couple hours today so i decided to start on the front clip... it wont get paint until i find some paint for the gun... learned my lesson on the rattle cans!

Before

After

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I initially bought the tan leather seats from a 98 Cobra with the intentions of getting them reupholstered to black. I had several individuals say they could do them or have them done for about $400, but time and time again they fell through. A friend of a friend dyed his red leather Recaro seats to a black and you couldnt tell the difference whatsoever... he said he would do mine for VERY cheap and well, he came through! ill show you some 'before' pictures later, he just sent this to me in a text and i cant wait to pick em up

As for progress on the rest of the car its at a stand still till i can finish this damned report!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PARTS!!! The radiator/fans, wheels, valve covers, oil pan are inbound... and ill take pictures of the rear disc conversion when its assembled

UPS guy did not like me today :)

The goods

Edelbrock 750cfm 4brl

Just the air filter

Lokar floor mount parking brake and rad hoses

157tooth Flywheel 14lbs

Alternator

MSD Distributor

Aluminum Waterpump

Thermostat and Neck

T5/67 Crossmember

Modern Driveline Hydraulic Clutch

Modern Driveline Hydraulic Slave

5.0 Clutch

Starter and that hard to find brake line

Edelbrock intake

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everything sanded down to bare metal... the black 'paint' is rust converter... there was minor pitting in some areas and i didnt want to take the chance of something surprising me later

Everything painted in self etching gray

And the final color is a Satin Black with Metallic Flakes

Kind of like this... looks better than it does in the picture

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
progress from today...

Bolt/Weld in SF connectors installed

Rear disc conversion done

Not from today, just never posted the 9" and rear suspension

Engine bay getting there... (the radiator is in right now to prevent damage to the fins)

New brake system all around, dual bowl MC, Baer adjustable pro valve for the rear, hard lines bent and steel braided adapted

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
couldnt find brackets for the rear disc conversion hard lines/caliper lines... so i made some real quick with random pieces of metal i had laying around... i like making random little **** hahaha

Turned these

into this

for this

and this

that line is going nowhere!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts