Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
I just heard from the hotel--they're going to extend the cutoff date for our room block to March 25th. So, come join the run to Tucson! ::

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
Our t-shirt order arrived today, so if you're interested in a shirt, let me know and I'll set it aside. I have plain white or gray t-shirts with the design on the front ($12.00), white or gray front pocket t-shirts with the design printed on the back and a small 40th logo on the front ($13.00), and white polo shirts with a front pocket and the design on the front and 40th logo on the front ($15.00). Sizes M to XXL ($1.00 more for XXL shirts).

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
I'll set yours aside. ::

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I'll need a Polo shirt in XXL and a grey T in XXL and a grey one in L for SWMBO (Amber)...

Mel ::

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
For the two t-shirts, did you want ones with the design on the front or on the back (front pocket t-shirt)?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Man i really want to join!!

i am kinda worried that my stang wont make it. its in good condition, just that i've never driven the stang that far, aero drive to point loma for the last 4 years........thats it.

i also get BAD gas milage! i really need to get that AOD into my car! anyone want to give me a hand? one weekend, one tranny,__ vmfers.............can we do it?

just a thought?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Very Sweet Grande! If it runs like it looks you should have no problems. ::
Would sure like to see you come along. So far we have 6 Early Models & 5 Late Models making the trip. We will have tools, jack, water...etc in the support truck. Couple of us are pretty good at fix'n cars too. :: I hope you pull the trigger and join us.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
UPDATE:The IHOP address is 1286 Oakdale in El Cajon. From the 8 E take the 2nd Street off ramp, turn right, first light turn right, and you're there. (619)440-0205

We are meeting there at 6:00am-ish. I'm told parking is not an issue.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
On the back, with front pocket on them...

Mel

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
Okay, got it!

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
You guys are really going to be turning heads along the route! About what time do you think you'll arrive in Tucson?

Once you get to Tucson, stay on Interstate 10 (East) and go to the Palo Verde Boulevard exit. I think it's Number 206, but I'll double check that for you. Head north and the hotel will be on your left about a quarter mile up. You can see the highrise part of the hotel from the freeway.

There is some road construction on the interstate going through town so be careful once you get in.

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
That's the exit number--I knew there was a 2 and a 6 in it. ;) There is no way to avoid the construction because it is at the I-10/I-19 interchange. I haven't been through there in ages but other than the slow down that is required, I don't think it's too bad. It's more of a problem if you're trying to get on to I-19. Don't do that, you'll end up in Mexico. :: I'll PM you my cellphone number when it gets closer to show time so you can call me, if there's a problem. I'll be at the hotel from at least 1 pm on, but I have to make two trips with cars during the day and each one is about 20 miles roundtrip.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Should we go to I10 from I8 at gila bend or wait? I can't remember...

I guess I should dig out my AZ map book for blind tourists...

I am so looking forward to this...just no time to get excited, too much chrome parts and shake down stuff to do...

Check out the Gallery for the newest pics of CA...

Mel :: :: :: ::

·
Administrator
19,469 Posts
Yes, that's how we get to San Diego, but in reverse--I-10 to I-8. ::

41 - 60 of 91 Posts