Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of these possible subjects, but just couldn't pick one:

- Hey honey, we just "jumped" again.
- So, we're here to "look" for a mini-van.
- NO, do NOT call my Dad and tell him what we did.
- Thanks for the CR-V feedback, we got a KIA instead.
- So, how fast can you get me into that leather seat?

So, let me preface this post by letting you all know that SWMBO and I are a bit spontaneous. When she got a job offer in NC a few years back, we moved within a few weeks. When we went to look for a couch, we came back with a car. When we went to "look" at a car, we bought one. When SWMBO got another job offer here in VA, we moved in 2 weeks. When we looked at the 3rd house, we made an offer that night. When we went to buy a mini-van, we came home with one. Plus a car for me.

So, after wheeling and dealing on the van, and with half an hour to go before they closed, I asked the salesman "How fast can you get me into that car." I think he about crapped his pants. Two cars in one night. Pushed him over his limit and pushed the dealer over theirs for their "contest."

So here are the pics. Feel free to flame us on our knee-jerk decisions. Is it bad when you can't even remember what model your new car is?

http://www.tk42one.com/VMF/images/KIA1.jpg

http://www.tk42one.com/VMF/images/KIA2.jpg

http://www.tk42one.com/VMF/images/KIA3.jpg

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
No flames from me! I don't know that I'll be buying two cars at once any time soon - but I am really impressed with the Kia Sorento. It looks like a Lexus, drives better than an Explorer, and you can't beat that 10 year warranty. There may be one in our future. Congrats on the new rides!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I presume you now have two car payments (or at least one very LARGE one). Congrats and I hope they serve you well. As for me, I like my car payment of $0. My 1991 Accord has 226k miles and has been paid off since 1994. Of course my car is burning oil, leaking oil around the trans seals and this morning, I heard a squeeking when I turned the steering wheel. I just hope it will last another year or so.

Enjoy your new cars!

Keith

·
7,010 Posts
Wow. Alan Greenspan ought to send you a thank you card for helping to keep the economy going.

Oh wait. Those are Kia's aren't they. I guess that letter will probably come from Roh Moo-Hyun. :p :p ::

Enjoy.

Phil

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
There's nothing wrong with making a fast decision if you have done your "homework" before hand. If you did not, you have my sympathy, but the car dealer is happy. :p

My brother recently bought a 2001 Kia Sportage with 50k miles for under $5000. If it will last for 150k miles, he got a good deal.

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
I'm impressed with the license plates that light up!! LOL
Stan

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Well I'm glad to see you dont buy cars for "status" ::

·
1,214 Posts
I can see you are definitely into white cars eh?..I think the car you took to DF4 was white too!

Oh my..

Congrats on the new rides though.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Yea, but all those goodies are inside a Kia. At least they are not used Yugos. :)

JK, they look like nice cars. Hope they work well for you.

John Harvey

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the car you took to DF4 was ****e too
Hahaha, that's too funny. I know you spelled it wrong, but it's actually funnier this way.

And yes, I am into white cars. Ever since my dad got a 96 Maxima (white) I realized I wouldn't get any other color. When I traded my 90 Mustang (my first car) in for the 2000 Sentra, I wanted white. Told them I would take nothing but white. So they shipped one from another dealer. Now SWMBO on the other hand, she wanted the black Sentra. So that was a bear to keep clean without a garage to keep it in.

When it came to this car buy (or buys), I set my foot down and said only white. SWMBO agreed (I think she finally saw the light). And of course I had already picked out my color.

As to why getting a white car? Well, the black pickup, green van, blue Suburban, poppy Mustang, inka (that's German for orange) BMW, red Mustang, and red Datsun, they've all faded to some extent over time. But the white Maxima and white Sentra, they look clean when when they're dirty. Bet you didn't even notice that I peeled the clear-coat off my car while I was there, did you?

TK

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
When I traded my 90 Mustang (my first car) in for the 2000 Sentra, I wanted white.

You traded a fox stang for a sentra? I hope it wasnt a 5.0 ::

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
::Snnnniiiffff:: Ahhhh...the sweet smell of a new car...payment! ::

1 - 16 of 16 Posts