Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from Indy, wow, what a show. Saw Palmacea, and, and, and, well his name is Melvin, He owns that 66 dark green K code coupe. Once in a while he hits the Bourbonais show with it. You know the car, red line tires, all nice.
I gotta say, if Ford put everything together as nice as his coupe, Toyota would be out of business....
I also did the Indy track tour, certificate and all. And everybody drove sanely. Not like you could get away with anything. Indy had gaurds all over the place.
I was talking to some guy about how he bought his 67 GT 500. He said he went to Brazil to look at it and closed the deal, some 17 years ago. I asked him how much it cost to ship it home from South America. Then he said "Brazil Indiana" (DOH!)
Had a guy in a Corvette pull up next to me on the way home, and we both gave each other the thumbs up...cool.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Yes Rod, it was a great show as usual, good seeing you and Merlyn again! This was our 4th straight year going, and each year gets better. As for awards Rod and Merlyn received 1st in their class in concours! And I received 2nd in concours in my class, (a beautiful '67 FB received 1st). This was the first time I entered concours, I was very pleasantly surprised! We went on a cruise Friday night to a Hot Rod shop (very nice) and they handed out awards there, I got "Top Pick of the Herd", that was a great way to start the weekend. This was a great birthday present for my coupe, 39 years today she rolled out of the factory in San Jose! I will post pictures later.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
But did you notice how cool the announcer was? With that rich, sultry baritone voice he melts the ladies hearts......... :eek: :p :blush:

Very good show this year, and great to see everyone again. A little better on the track tour - I actually got into 4th gear once - we weren't idling!

Mike lives just down the road from me. He's had that GT500 forever. He drives it and keeps it the way he wants it - which makes it cool. First time he has had it to our show in a long time.

Thanks again for coming down for the show.

Dave

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
It was nice meeting you finally Rod, and btw it's Merlyn.

Great show, the weather was so much better than last year and actually hit 30 mph on the track lap.

I think my car was under consideration for Best Of Show, Sunday morning the judges kept going back and forth between my car and the beautiful 69 that won. Steve McCarly commented to me that even though his opinion didn't count my car was his vote for best of show. That sure was an ego booster!

Congrats to Randy for his entry into concours level, bet you get 1st next time!

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Merlyn, your car was on another level of quality and was a correct one to be considered for BIS.

Dave: Gee, he even pronounced my last name correctly during the awards...like he grew up in Calumet City IL.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Merlyn,
Your car was considered for BOS. I saw The head judges out looking it over late. It's a beautiful car!

I'm glad I have the job I have and I don't have to judge. Always have to do it at other shows - this one I get to relax and enjoy the sweet rides.

Dave

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Thank you guys!

Rod, I loved your comment about Toyota... made my day (and probably my bodyman's too, lol)

Dave, I was kinda hoping to meet you, did we talk at all this weekend? Were you that sultry baritone voiced announcer? It's always nice to be able to put a face with someone. Was also wanting to put a face with jmoss....

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
mustangsurfer said:
Merlyn,
Your car was considered for BOS. I saw The head judges out looking it over late. It's a beautiful car!

I'm glad I have the job I have and I don't have to judge. Always have to do it at other shows - this one I get to relax and enjoy the sweet rides.

Dave
Thats great Merlyn, your car certianly should be best of show!

Dave,
You always do a great job as the announcer! You need to control that vicious dog next time though :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts