Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to pull apart the dash on Delilah and its time to consider the sound system. The AM 8 track will stay in its place in the console, but I can either send it out for a refurbish with a new amp and maybe an RCA jack for CD's ORRRRR.... leave it unplugged and run a stealth system out of the trunk. Any of you used one of those systems with a hard wired remote control? I dont want to put a unit inside the console trap door (too much heat) and the behind the glove box method is too cumbersome ( did it on son's car and don't like it).

Anyway, does anyone run a stealth stereo in their Stang?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have two bezels for my '67 vert; one is enlarged for a modern radio. With the large bezel I use a Kenwood AM/FM/CD unit with a flip face when off. When the car is parked and unit off, it looks like a radio delete plate.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I soldered a multi-pole wire between the radio and the detachable faceplate.The radio is in the glove box in my car but if you make the wire long enough you could put it in the trunk. See my website (under projects) for more info.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you want to stay with a shaft style head unit that has all the modern goodies (RCA, digital mem, CD controller, power on lead...) and don't want to go with the USA-5 expensive stuff, look for a Kenwood KRC-3006. Old, but connects to any Kenwood CD changer. It's only a 25x4, so you have to run an amp, but it fits in the stock opening and has all the modern goodies.
-Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts