Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Great story Robert. Brings back some of my own memories. Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
@RobertMontana , I'm one of those guys still holding onto their first car... I don't know your budget but I will certainly keep my eye out for a 67 fastback, red or not, that you can make your own. Very good story, no need to end it now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@RobertMontana , I'm one of those guys still holding onto their first car... I don't know your budget but I will certainly keep my eye out for a 67 fastback, red or not, that you can make your own. Very good story, no need to end it now.
Good for you! That's truly admirable, and I appreciate your keeping an eye out for any '67 Fastback that's semi-rough. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Nice! Sadly we’re loosing many good restaurants, much like everywhere else. How long ago where you here?

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
Great story, Thanks. I'm sure my 65 289 2bbl 3 speed stick is long gone, never thought to try to find it. The door tag said it was built with an A code engine and a 4 speed but it was not like that when I bought it. Anyway, my third car, bought in 1971 is my 67 GT 350 - still have it.
Hamm's beer, That iced it that you grew up near Wisconsin.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Outstanding story of which I'm sure many of us can relate to at least some of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Great story, Thanks. I'm sure my 65 289 2bbl 3 speed stick is long gone, never thought to try to find it. The door tag said it was built with an A code engine and a 4 speed but it was not like that when I bought it. Anyway, my third car, bought in 1971 is my 67 GT 350 - still have it.
Thanks, and was very glad to share it. Very cool you still have the GT after all these years. Yes, Hamm's beer and Vikings/Packer games! Love Wisconsin.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great story, too bad it didn't work out better, but you do have a cool piece of wall art!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Very true. I was there between 1988 and 1991. Lived in Arlington, and worked in Ballston, and Reston. Took the Orange Line to work. :)
Nice. I managed a bank in Ballston back in the late 90’s. If you haven’t been back since, you would never recognize it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nice. I managed a bank in Ballston back in the late 90’s. If you haven’t been back since, you would never recognize it.
Very cool! Yes, I'll bet it has changed dramatically. There was construction cranes all over the horizon back when I was there. Thanks for reaching out!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That is awesome. Great story. Sweet to have the valance and license plate! Are you gonna clean them or leave it original and dirty?
Thanks for reaching out...not sure I replied correctly as I'm brand new to this Forum. Tried to clean it the best I could, but 45 years in an old barn are tough to get out, and that's okay!😀

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
My dad was born and raised in Wisconsin, and died there in 2019. His favorite breakfast? Hamm's and eggs. And my daughter wonders where she gets her sense of humor. :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
My dad was born and raised in Wisconsin, and died there in 2019. His favorite breakfast? Hamm's and eggs. And my daughter wonders where she gets her sense of humor. :)
Sorry about your Dad passing. That's great, gotta' love the midwest humor 😀

·
Premium Member
5,263 Posts
Best breakfast I ever had was a steak, scrambled eggs and Stroh's Light. That's eating like a MAN !

Reactions: RobertMontana

·
Registered
1967 Ford Mustang fastback
65 Posts
Great story! What part of southern mn did you move to? I'm currently by austin.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts