Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with some neighbors that work for Milwaukee Electric Tools the other day. From what they told me, once a tool leaves the factory is shipped, if it returns to the factory, it cannot be sold as new. On occation a shipment will go to the wrong address and will come back. Everything gets slapped with a "factory refurbished" label, even if it has never been opened.

They also have a big problem with people going to Home Depot, buying tools, using them for a weekend and then returning them. Those tools do go back to the factory and get torn down, rebuilt and sold as refurbished.

I have a refurbished welder and a propane heater and have had no problems.

The nice thing is I now have a connection for factory refurbished Milwaukee tools at cost./forums/images/icons/smile.gif The only downside is that it may eat into the mustang budget.

·
Registered
215 Posts
We used to have a Black and Decker store around here. I was talking to the manager one day and he said that alot of thier tools were new and never touched. Some of them were reboxed because the orignal box had imperfections in it. Alot of the power tools were sold as refurbished because the plastic might have a slight color variation in it. I have a belt sander that I brought there about 10 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat. I brought my new scanner through Cannons web site, It was refurbished and I saved about 40 on it. It had a couple of dents in the stainless trim on the lid. keeps ticking right along.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will see if they would be open to a VMF order. I will tell them that if we can get some Milwuakee tools in peoples hands they will stop using the "yellow" tools as they call them. (DeWalt)/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts