Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today looking for information on the volvo "High mileage club" my friends and I went to the Lincoln/Mercury/Volvo dealer today...and they had 2 Mauraders. 4.6L V8. Four doors. Wow! Those cars are amazing. We (3 teenagers) spent at least 45 minutes talking with a salesman about the car. Sitting in the drivers seat make me wish I had $37,000. I now have faith in the American automobile industry.
-Brian

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
You should read the latest Automobile issue - They have a full workup on the Marauder.

Why aren't you impressed by the 2002 Cadillac STS also, if you like the Marauder? The Cadillac STS has a 32 valve, DOHC V-8 that outpaces the Marauder! Don't get me wrong, the Marauder is a Ford product so I love it... But it smacks readily of Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Caddy STS; isn't that a front wheel drive car? I've driven the older versions and thought it a pretty good drive. I have a Mercury Grand Marquis and would expect the Maurader to be more of a conventional drivers car.

G

·
I got my first look at the Maurader this week. A guy came into the station where I work to get gas with it. Its a sharp looking car and has a nice tone to it. It is definately a sweet car if you need a large sedan.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
They had a few on Power Tour that they were letting people test drive. Don't get me wrong. It's a step in the right direction, but I think a majority of people were disapointed that it lacked the punch of a Impala SS. I think that is what a lot of people compare it to. Still, I like the all black, and a convertible version would be even better.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
As I posted before , I have one on order. I went to the local dealer to check one out . I still love the car! But I am dissapointed in the fact that the brake rotors do not fill the wheels up. I've already started looking for an upgrade! It also cries out for a pinstripe of some sort.
I'm looking forward to seeing the difference between it and my 99 Crown Vic. The roll on speed of the Vic is great, the Merc ought to be fantastic!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I think the Marauder would be alot more vicious with that small bore V-10 that Ford has.....

rumor has it that only the law enf interceptors will get this package.

regards..and I also agree that the car should have some huge disc brakes......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts