Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do apologise for this post but I will click "submit" anyway.

After reading the two posts:

"Continuation Shelby listed on ebay"
and
"Caroll Shelby's greed runneth over"

I'm left scratching my head?

This has left me with one disturbing conclusion.

CSE is not interested in protecting the Shelby legacy and everything it stands for!

It is only interested in protecting CSE, the company.

It's not okay for someone to use the word "Shelby" when selling their clone, but become a Shelby licensee and
By Golly, you are free to make any crap you like and sell it to the highest bidder with their blessing/commission!

Is that all it's come down to?
The good old greenback?
I think all flags should be set at half mast for the great man's dignity.

IS THERE NOTHING SACRED LEFT, that is immune to greed?
Not religion!, cause I can buy any religion I want?
Not politics! ...we won't even start on that one!
Not sex!, that joke's not even funny anymore!

What's next, outsourcing the US military to the japs cause they're cheaper?!?!

I'm disolusioned again! Lost total faith in humanity!
I'm starting to suspect that the natural greed of democracy cannot and will not sustain itself because greed will flourish.

I think I'll feel a lot better when I get my next paycheck!

cheers to all.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
If it makes you feel any better Mr Shelby does donate all the signings (clove boxes and such) over to childrens causes.
The average joe in the hobby isn't much better. Ever sell a part to a friend only to have them turn around and sell it for a profit. I mean with intent of selling when purchasing. If I find a part for a cheap price, I can't bring myself to profit from a friend.

G

·
You mean CSE isn't in it as a business? Its in the 'legacy' sustainment business? :horror: Being facetious here.

Its a business. Got it.

CS didn't make a deal with Ford all those years ago just because he liked Mustangs. It was a business with a challenge.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Having been a fan of Ol' Shel since the 60's, I've always had a great deal of respect for the guy, and can only hope that all of this hoo-ha is the action of "Shelby the corporation" and not the man himself.

And at the risk of hi-jacking the post:
Ever sell a part to a friend only to have them turn around and sell it for a profit. I mean with intent of selling when purchasing. If I find a part for a cheap price, I can't bring myself to profit from a friend.
I know what you mean. Strangely, I was just discussing this with SWMBO a few days ago. About a year and a half ago, I purchased a set of brand new wheels from a fellow VMFer, at a pretty attractive price, with full intention of using them on my car. I then got a decent deal on tires and mount/balance. I put 'em on and HATED the way they looked on the car! ::
I decided to sell them (with only around 100 miles on them), thinking that even with the deal I had gotten on the whole setup, I was going to lose my shirt. I started by listing them here, then on Ebay when I got no response, and my low listing price ended up skyrocketing to WAY more than I'd actually paid for them!!! WTH??? ::
I actually felt kind of guilty afterward, being that the whole thing only took a couple of weeks from when I'd first bought the wheels - I'm sure it looked as if I'd purchased them just to turn a buck myself. ::

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"kbmwrs",
I woke up this morning and smelt the coffee!
You are correct with what you say....

Who am I kidding!

·
Registered
408 Posts
BTW, we already outsource our military. Welcome to the global marketplace :sigh:

G

·
Yeah....we use Russian rockest to send our payloads into space. Who'd a thunk that 20 years ago.

And for those that hate those Japs :no: :sick: :naive: try and catch up with the 21st century. By that logic we should shoot any Johnny Reb or Yankee (NY fans included :joker:) we see. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If our old 1st generation Mustangs were made in Japan, they'd still be reliable even today ....hahaha.

But you know what ...they wouldn't be classics would they ...they'd be Toyota's.

Seriously though, we all know how the Japs love to copy and minitiarise (spell check) everything ... Do they have a car made in the 50's or 60's or even the 70's which is considered a sort after classic today?

and plase no "grandmother's corolla" jokes!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Midlife, any chance of pointing me to a site or even posting a pic of one of those cars. Maybe they didn't come down under? Or maybe we know them by another name.

cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts