Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we are again a week or two before the annual show. Are Corvairs Muscle cars? Studebakers? My point is....it doesn't matter. This is a fantastic show, and, as members of the Local Chicago Vintage Mustang club, we ought to think about getting in it next year. Although I'll agree that Mustangs do not fit the normal definiton of a Muscle Car - that being a mid-size car with a big engine - the Mustang still ought to be in the show. Every bit as deserving as a Camaro, Firebird, Barracuda, Challenger, Javelin, and a few more. And yes, there still will be a few loose Mustangs around in the show.
Can we make a point of a Mustang display? By this club? Or not.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I took my 66 convertible to this show about 4 years ago. When I applied I asked Your very question.
"My mustang is certainly not a Corvette or a Muscle car, can I still enter?"
To which they responded "bring it to show, we would love to have it there"
As you said, this is a fantastic show.

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Just my opinions so take them for what they are worth...

#1 - As a Mustang owner I always have found it annoying that Corvette is in the title of this show. :)
#2 - I have no way to get mine there without having it flat-bedded, or driving it there. This show is at a time of year where the weather makes the driving choice difficult or unlikely. (Roads in my town were covered in salt after it snowed on Halloween) So basically, for the 95% of the club without enclosed trailers - we are going to have a hard or expensive time getting there.

If it were not for #2 I would love to make this a regular event for our club.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts