Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching through e(hay) and found the next best thing to hit all the imports, it has multi uses other than what they say.......Item #1843872528.......There is a ton of these by different sellers on there......

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
HAHAHAHA. People going to use these with that fake turbo charger power valve noise maker.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! There anyway I can plumb it for my Holley!!! hahahaha eeeooowww

Damn, my stomach hurts!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New here, but I couldn't let this one pass. I see these "high quality parts all the time". They are called bilge blowers. Costs about $15. Lasts about 2 months. I wonder if those imports run better with a fan obstructing the intake hose mmmmm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think there is an infomercial out there selling something similar. The idea is that if the air is spinning like a tornado it flows better into the engine.

I believe the commercial uses a soda bottle full of water as an example of the concept. If you empty the bottle by turning it upside down then the flow is choppy however if you swirl the bottle around (creating a small whirlpool) while it is upside down the flow is smoother and faster.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
yah thats because it gives a path for the water to flow to the top of the bottle... DUH.. put a hole in the bottle and it wont make a difference

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
my car started at 100 hp and the headers game be up to 30% more horsepower making 130. Next we add the air filter which game me up to 25 horsepoaer sonow were already up to 155 HP. so if they supercharger you will get another 40 horsepower they will have a 1.8 liter engine making 195 horsepower, so you tell me why they hell i want old american junk when i can have 195 horsepower and 35 mpg.

SO WHO'S THE FOOL NOW!!!

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,497 Posts
So with my 14" round Edelebrock air cleaner, I could put a 1200 cfm radiator fan inside there and gain 50 HP! Whee!
Obviously all those people spending thousands of dollars for superchargers and turbo kits are complete fools. Somebody tell John Force about these things yet?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
It might actually do something if you hooked it up to 120v dc, only it would last a mere millisecond, but imagine the instant boost of power your engine will get when it goes lean and pings! People are funny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts