Vintage Mustang Forums banner

The night the lights went out in Orangeville? Well not really?

548 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  scottb23 
#1 ·
Well it took me 2.5 hours to get home from work in Mississauga Thursday. It's great having Ernie Eves as your local MPP. Our power was back on at 10 pm Thursday and Friday life was back to normal. We went shopping and everyone was out doing stuff. Washing cars cutting lawns running there home AC. You would think nothing happened. Wal-Mart was packed with out of towners who had no water or power. You should have seen the shocked look on there faces when they seen what was happening here. Its like Orangeville is an oasis in a sea of mayham.

I feel guilty watching TV and seeing all the poor people tell there stories of no gas or power. My 3 vehicles all have full tanks and I never waited more than 10 min. to fill them.

The only store we went to today that was closed was M and M meats.
Sorry guys, like I said I feel guilty!!!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

#2 ·
You feel guilty ??? I noticed something was amiss when the light in the beer fridge didn't come on when I went back for my 3rd beer that afternoon up in cottage country. We were on holidays all week and our biggest concern was figuring how to make coffee Fri. am on the BBQ ::. Someone came by in a boat and told us later that day that all of Ontario and New York were out. Our power came back on at 6 am Fri. and we listened to a radio to get the news.(no battery powered radios :p not smart)

All day Fri. we heard stories of no power in Toronto and all the heat while we were 30 ft. from the lake and 35 ft. from the beer fridge ::

I did feel sorry for all those in Toronto high rises without power, long line ups for gas and food stores. got back home yesterday to find our beer store cleaned out since all the stores in Guelph closed all day Fri. with no power ::

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.