Discussion Starter #1
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/97/78/11439511-16a6-02000152-.jpg
The offending tree from camp

http://a8.cpimg.com/image/B6/D4/11442358-2bd2-02000152-.jpg
The offended Windstar!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice picture of the tree, and not a scratch on it!!! Sorry buddy, hope you can find someone to help you with fixing the van...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Well I can see how you could miss something like that , Its only a sapling!!!!!

What , do you drive around with your bloody eyes closed ?????/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
0 Posts
I hate it when those things jump right out in back of you! Sneaky little sh..s that they are.....
I bet it was just laying in wait for you!
JB

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BSA camp, Nobebosco, in Blairstown. Also this is where the 1st Friday the 13th was filmed. Most of the cabins in that movie are gone now. BTW, it's a stones throw to PA by routes 94, 46 & 80.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
That shiny thingy glued to the inside of the windshield is called a [color:red]REAR VIEW MIRROR</font color=red>. The rear view mirror is used to see large items before they veg-O-matic your nice car.

I discovered this mirror thingy a couple of years ago when I hit a concrete street lamp base with my chromimum pickup bumper.

J/K /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Based on the bark pattern and root directions I can tell from years of tree experience that *that* tree is the dreaded Vehiculus Jumpus!! Known for it's far ranging travels and sinister growth spurts, these trees can double or even triple in size in less than .05 seconds! They can also move up to 500 feet in the same amount of time (dependent upon rainfall and winds.)
You can avoid situations with these predatory hardwoods by using a few simple devices (the human race almost became extinct because of these trees but we've developed some senses to detect their presence.)
1) Extended Yew Emmision Sensors (EYES) commonly found in the front, upper part of the head, these two beauties can spot and avoid problems from ranges of 1 millimeter to 100's of miles!
2) Extended Auditory Response Systems (EARS) commonly found on either side on one's head, these amazing things can HEAR the sound of two opposing items in contact. Modern homo sapiens have come to ignore this sense due to constant beratement by other homo sapiens in close proximity.
3) Noxious Odor Sensory Extension (NOSE) not really used anymore, has been delegated to sensing the smell of excrement when other senses have been ignored. This rarely occurs anymore and has been replaced with the verbal equivalent (Oh Sh*t!).

Please, in the future pay attention to what these three items tell you. They can save your backlite!
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
D

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
WOW Tom, that is just a stones throw from where I live in Columbia, NJ. That place looks familair.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts