Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week we relived our worst weather experience in our Mustangs. Glad to hear most of us survived.

This week's question.

What kind of SWMBO do you have?
A. One who supports your Mustang fetish and gladly goes to the shows and swap meets.

B. One who ignores your Mustang fetish, lets you do your own thing, but doesn't get involved.

C. One who tolerates your Mustang fetish, as long as you pay attention to her and her girly things everyonce and a while.

D. One who hates your Mustang , is jealous of it, and acts like it is a mistress that she can't get rid of.

Mine.

A. I'm Lucky I've got one of the good ones. SWMBO supporrts my hobby and enjoys a good show everyonce and a while.

Don

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Mine's an A. She has a Mustang of her own, she goes to the shows semi-regularly, and she tolerates my constant window-shopping for cars, not to mention the occasional purchase.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm lucky too, C definatly C, I look at it this way, all the parts I buy for the 66 cost double or more, because for everything I buy for the car, I buy her something of equal or greater value.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A, B & C

She tolerated me buying it. Hated when I spent some serious cash on the suspension. Loved meeting the VMFers at Knotts and wants to go again. Hates the fact that I need to get the engine rebuilt but keeps asking when I'm going to start the fix.
Oh and she really likes being seen in it.

Basically ya got to know when to make your moves and when not to. Right now its her project we are concerned with (kitchen & baths remodel). I'll wait my turn/forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A. and C. She wasn't into cars much until we met. She goes to shows with me as long as we have a "date" once a month.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I don't have a SWMBO, I don't even have a HWMBO. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Are you listening, Midlife? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
A. She got me into the Mustang hobby/business, helps me with the cars, goes to the shows (I only go to 2 per year) and will even finance some of the projects. I'm quite lucky with SWMBO and our mustangs....but she really doesn't like the Model A's that I prefer to work on. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
546 Posts
A and C. Glad that she has figured out how to ignore those little expenditures and pay enough attention to "know what she's talking about" when some idiot at show say's " that car isn't anything special, Mustangs came with that motor from the factory"!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well she's an A and a C!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
She learned to drive in a 66 Convert!!!!!! She likes to drive my 70 vert!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and she told me that I can buy her a New Mustang vert for her next significant birthday!!! As long as she goes with me to pick it out!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
A mix between an A and a C depending on her mood. Mostly an A, but only goes to the shows close to home.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
mines an A :0) we went to a swap meet on the honey moon :0)..... and our first date was to a junk yard ....:0) wouldn't trade her for anything!!!!

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Mine is an A she loves the cars as much as I do she even has two mustangs of her own!!! I am down to one as I gave my 67 coupe to my oldest son this summer. she goes to all the shows with me, even gets the family to buy me parts for the cars on christmas!!! She is the greatest!!!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Just like most everybody else, a mixture of A and C. . . .

She supports the time and effort I put into my hobby, and . . . thankfully I have enough financial discipline not to get that $5K paint job I've been wanting for some time now /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif!! Then she'd be a D!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Rick

1 - 20 of 44 Posts