Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is a sad story (or at least to me it is)i ran across an ad in the paper ,four(4) '67-'68 fastbacks for sale ,two of them was complete cars and two was parts cars. so i made the 50 mile trip the next day to look at them ,not on;y did he have this cars but he had something like 6 302 engines ,4 c-4 trannies,1 c-6 trany,3 toploader 4speeds,5 9" rearend chunks,a complete 429 engine and about three truck loads of mustang parts (doors, hoods,deck lids,glass,etc...)and here is the kicker he said i could have it all for $1500.00 is i would come get it out of his yard...wow i thought too good too be true......i told him i would take them !!!!!!! i'd e back next weekend to get them ALL... well after the fight with my wife(she thinks the 2 mustangs i have now and the boat and ...well you know how that went) and then the tranny in my truck went out and the tranny in my sons car went out(what is it with trannies???) well i had to back out of the deal. three days later truck fixed,sons car fixed,and some sweet talking to my wife ,i was ready to go again ,,,,but my luck one day late they was gone......sad sad story but true.......so should i be crying over my loss????? i think so not that many 67- 68 f/b left out there ...

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
AAAWWW SH!T :: :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
I know how you feel. Just 2 weeks ago, I was looking in the
local paper"The Bargain News" and someone was advertising 4
65-66 Mustangs for 2grand. I had just gotten my 66 'vert home.
I wish I noticed it before. Ohh well........SWMBO would have killed me if I did anyway.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
theokponycorral is right.

I was drooling on a guitar a few years ago. I said my wife would shoot me if I brought it home. The music store owner said, "Don't worry, the bullets go right through".
It struck me funny - been my philosophy ever since.

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sometimes it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
OUCH! I, too, would've gotten it and then told the wife.

It feels good to be single sometimes. :D ::

1 - 11 of 11 Posts