Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back, my favorite car of all time was the Emberglow 66 GT Fastback that I owned in the 80s. Thought I needed a 56 TBird in those days so I let her go. Now I have rediscovered this long lost love, not the same car but very close. Factory GT (until proven otherwise), auto, PS, PB, AC, and that wonderful Emberglow/Parchment Pony interior. Beautiful car but on the expensive side as a rare combination and outstanding condition. So do I go for it or let the dream pass and get on with life? I'm inclined to go for it! What do you all think? This is the actual car.

http://community.webshots.com/s/image7/7/82/26/86878226yLJJOX_ph.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/s/image7/7/83/59/86878359VSBfMF_ph.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
The pics aren't showing up, but I say go for it! It's always fun to buy another car! :: :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
When you say "on the expensive side" do you mena he is asking too much, or you'll be eating Raman Noodles and drinking Hamm's if you buy her?
I wouldn't recommend over paying for the car, but ya know, that Hamm's isn't so bad if you can get the 5th one down . . . http://www.corvetteforum.cc/zeroimg/smilies/cheers.gif

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Unless it's just way over the top on price, go for it. These cars will only go up in value, it's not much of risk even if you fall out of love with it in a year or two.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics are on webshots at this link http://community.webshots.com/album/23923399zAYDVxeWDl

Yes the car is slightly overpriced I think because of some mods that I am not interested in but it is a difficult to find combination. I can afford it (I will not have to resort to cheap beer) and Mama loves it. Anyone else chase "The one that got away" and actually find it?

K

·
0 Posts
I always wanted a 67 FB. Finally went out and bought one 3 years ago. Of course the old saying buyer beware should have been heeded, so I paid too much for what I really got.
But I consider the fact that its in loving hands now and it will be made right.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
"Asking price" is not synonomous with "selling price". Make him a realistic offer of what you think it's really worth. It's only worth what he can get for it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That is a beautiful FB in the pics. I love that color. I say go for it.

so I paid too much for what I really got.
But I consider the fact that its in loving hands now and it will be made right.
Same boat here. Overpaid. Took me a few months to get over it. Now I don't care anymore. Just love working on it and driving it. ::

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
I say go for it, very nice looking car :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
there is no better feeling than getting the car you want. When I was in 7th grade i saw a 70 mach that the contractor had that was working on my school. I pulled my friend aside and said "thats my dream car, i'll have one some day". That car was beautiful, Medium Blue, just beautiful. True Story.

I ended up selling two 65 coupes and passing up on a better coupe to try to find what i wanted. Look how it ended up.

Don't let it pass.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If it is a little on the expensive side, even for a factory GT, I would make certain it really IS a factory GT. The fact that it has power brakes has me a little concerned. All factory GTs had disk brakes, and you couldn't get power brakes with the disk brake option from the factory. If it is a real factory GT, and what you really really want than I would go for it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Life is short. You could be gone tomorrow. If you have the means, buy it. After a while if you decide it does not give you the high you expected, sell it. But this has obviously something that has been on your mind a while. Those things just don't go away ;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all. Easy to tell that this is a site for enthusiasts. Life is too short. Message received, be careful but go for it if it's right for me. Now where did I put that check book......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts