Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ever had a chance to purchase something, but at the time you was either to young.Did not have the money and over time regret not finding a way to get it. Well here is my story.

I was 15 and went on a family trip to Reno and met up with a old friend that just purchased his first mustang a 1968 GT cp. Going for a ride and saying what a nice car.

Having your friend tell you he knows of a project 68 mustang conv but the funny thing is the steering wheel was on the right side. Well not knowing that much about mustangs nor info on the T5's . He took me by it.

Their it was, complete car needing top ,and some rust repair in doors/quarters/fenders.

Yep the steering was on the right side all their and complete. We go in and talk to the owner of the place where it was at. He told me $2000.00 and take it away.

Broke azz kid in a not so wealthy family. 12hrs away from home.Well you know the rest , I lost the one rare car for a fair price.

I have thought about that car for many years. Thinking how fun that would of been to put a big stuffed animal in the LH seat and see the reaction of the people next to me at the light.

Troy :)

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Don't take this wrong Troy....nice story and all but, hell I'd like to just have "back" a few of the cars I've already "had" and let get away since I was 15yrs old!

65 GTO, 70 Cuda', 73 SD 455 Trans Am...68 roadster Vette.....etc etc. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a good point Ken. I'm sure others have had or had a chance of an offer that they passed on and now kick themselves. Except for Verndog , He just chases his tail. ;)

I had 1969 mach R code shaker,1969 SS conv camaro,1968 conv camaro, 1961 ford ranchero(Called it the chicken,Parked it 4 blocks from the high school and sat real low in the seat.NOT a rig to drive to pickup chicks.( whoop's scratch that) LOL

Troy

·
Registered
483 Posts
I came across a T5 in Portland in 2004... Not for sale, but I recognised it for what it was... The owner was telling me how hard it was to get some of the parts for it. Given that I knew all of those were available through any vintage mustang dealer I had used (including local stores) I am sure he was just using that as an excuse for not doing any of the work it needed on it.

The basic car seemed sound, but the original gas cap was missing, and the interior had seen better days.

Z.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
4280 said:
... Except for Verndog , He just chases his tail.
Not so fast there Spanky....
69 Coronet RT 440 magnum factory ram air, 70 Charger 440, 64 Falcon, 70 Camero.....ect.

You all know what they say about hind site....except Troy of course. ;)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yep, the one's that got away.

I was about 20 when a friend's friend was selling a 68 428 CJ fastback Mustang and a 69 429 SCJ Torino. If I had the money, I think he wanted 3 or 4 thousand a piece.

Someone bought the Torino and totaled it within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The_Dude said:
Spelling Nazi alert. You guys that have actually owned them, should know how to spell "Camaro"! :p
Sorry...I've been brainwashed in the error of my ways...I've actually had 2 of them (85 also). Guess I wanted to forget. ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Mine doesn't quite fit...but it is close.

Near my neighborhood there has been a 68 CS that was straight and all there (as far as I could tell by walking around it) and still being driven daily.

I had for years thought I should go and inquire, but I wasn't sure of which house it belonged to. Well, years have gone by and my wife kept nagging me to ask.

I went by and there it is sitting right where it is usually parked. The paint faded to dull...and the entire driver's side crushed...almost bumper to bumper. Needless to say, I am no longer interested. It doesn't look like the frame is bent, but it needs all new sheet metal (and much work).

Hard to believe she once looked like this:
http://www.californiaspecial.com/albums/NickCardwell/1127936342_1.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts