Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still doing the investigation into my Pace Car's history with all this new info from the North Carolina DMV, and spoke with the salesman who originally sold the car 38 years ago! He's still alive after a double lung transplant and a triple bypass, and he's still selling cars at Crescent Ford in High Point, NC.

It's amazing how all the pieces of history are coming together! The original owner "didn't like all the stripes and letters," so he had the dealership remove them in the body shop. This salesman advised him against it: "You'll have a much easier time selling it if you leave them on there." But the new owner proudly said he wasn't worried about resale because he kept cars for a long time.

The car was retrieved from the Charlotte District Sales Office by the dealership owner, and they took it for a few laps around the Lowe's Motor Speedway before returning home.

I'm still working on how the car got repainted to light blue; stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
That story only gets better. If your current occupation ever sours, you have a bright future as an investigator !

BTW, I was surfing the VMF on Sat. morn when my 6 year and 3 year old sons spied the "dancing red dot" - they loved it !!! The 3 year old just kept pointing and giggling !

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
NCDMV has surely done me right with the research on both my vehicles. Found the vert's orig owner, a lady who *ordered* the 4speed with the car, and just missed the orig owner of the export who passed away about a year before I got the coupe.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Hey this may not be real relevant but I had a teacher back in the early 80's that was from indianapolis and he had what he said was a 64 1/2 convert that was white and had red and blue stripes over the center of the car. He didn't know squat about mustangs and told me he drove it into the ground. I've allways wondered if that could have been a pace car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts