Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Rat Pack Experience

Over all these many years, my Mustang brothers have remarked about how much fun we have in the Rat Pack and I can read the envy in-between-the-lines of the words you write. Let’s face it, the Rat Pack is not for everyone – yeah I went there. However, for that select few that think they have what it takes to join this elite segment of Mustang society, I offer the following video which I believe encapsulates the essence of what it means to be in the Rat Pack; in this case, as it applies to the Autocross experience.

Frankly; It’s the average civilian’s reaction to our activities that makes it all worth while as you will see at the very end of this video clip.

Finally; I feel it must be said, that it is with sincere regards that I present this offering - knowing that most will never measure up (or down as the case may be) – I truly do not mean to throw-it-in-your-face that your car simply doesn’t have what it takes. Rather, I ask that you attempt to let go of the envy and feelings of inadequacy and much like we revere pro-football quarterbacks or F1 drivers, draw true inspiration from the fact that that a select few are out there living this dream…

Observe in wonder the experience that is; ‘The Rat Pack’…

Respectfully,

M

The Rat Pack Experience - the video...

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I'm going to have to watch that video 8 times every Sunday for the next 5 months! Weird how the course is impossible to follow in 2D, and oftentimes impossible to follow in 3D when I'm behind the wheel! I was at an Indy fun event at Grissom AFB last Sunday and am already freaking out knowing it's 5 months before I can trip the lights again.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Man you hit those speed bumps a lot faster?harder than I dared , afraid of snapping my car in half. Working the course across from that box in the center watching a few cars bottom out real bad was kinda scary

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man you hit those speed bumps a lot faster?harder than I dared , afraid of snapping my car in half. Working the course across from that box in the center watching a few cars bottom out real bad was kinda scary
WHen I get home this weekend, I'll post the video of when I really hit it hard and Slammed the car to the stops which I bet is when the headlight bezel flew off.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Anyone who thinks Old Blue is babied - well, I got a little excited adn tried to stay in the throttle a little too long. Points out an inherent flaw with Old Mustangs, they don't brake well when there is no weight on the front tires. Hit so hard, completely blew my concentration as well as my time - as you can see

Peddle to the metal a little too long...

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Anyone who thinks Old Blue is babied - well, I got a little excited adn tried to stay in the throttle a little too long. Points out an inherent flaw with Old Mustangs, they don't brake well when there is no weight on the front tires. Hit so hard, completely blew my concentration as well as my time - as you can see

Peddle to the metal a little too long...

·
Registered
861 Posts
dobrostang I thought power steering would help prevent mowing down the cones? 2nd 66 still doing autocross with the slow box and the quick steer arms. I am contemplating power steering for a winter project, but lots of $$$.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dobrostang I thought power steering would help prevent mowing down the cones? 2nd 66 still doing autocross with the slow box and the quick steer arms. I am contemplating power steering for a winter project, but lots of $$$.
I think I have $180 into my power steering, check out the EPAS thread in the mod section - see what all the cool guyz are doing ;o)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts