Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long story but you will learn to love it and hate my lucky a** all at the same time, I promise.

Last thursday while @ work, one of my buddies told me that he heard some that there was a bunch of project Mustangs for sale in the giant nickel or something. The guy that mentioned it to him said he was interested in the 79 Pace car the guy had. This was a shocker since the list of cars that were for sale included the following.
-65 GT Fastback
-67 Convertible
-65 Coupe
-67 Coupe
-65 Coupe (parts car cuz no title)
-73 Mach 1
-79 Pace Car

So being the loyal friend that he is, he got the number from the ignorant pace car loving fool and mentioned it to me around 4:30pm. So obviously by 4:31 I was on the phone getting directions to check it out. ::

So here's the great part of the story. My brother and I went out that night to check em out.

The seller had being building Mustangs for 20+ years!!! He had sold his house and had to be out by Sept.1, not leaving much time for dumping his collection of not just cars but massive quantities of parts!

He did have an offer on the 2 65 Coupe's but he hadn't heard from the potential purchaser, but that was it. We asked about a package deal but it seemed that he wanted too much for the vert. And who could blame him, most of the parts he had for it were new in box, with only a few pieces missing.

Long story short I bought the GT Fastback as you know.

The rest of the story goes like this..........

When I picked up the GT, I asked if he had heard from the guy who wanted the Coupe's. He said no and that he just wanted to sell EVERYTHING. We had brought him $$ the next day after seeing the cars, and he was anxious to dump it all. He said if we wanted to make him an offer for the 3 Coupe's and Vert that he would "DUMP" all the parts he had on us!!!!

So after a long discussion with our 2 SWMBO (or not in this case)one "I'm sick" call to work we headed out first thing in the morning. After one final look through the cars and parts, we struck a deal. 1 67 Vert, 2 65 Coupe's, 1 67 Coupe, my 65 GT Fastback of course and a Sh*tload of parts.

So it looks like were in the Mustang business. We still have to go through everything and figure out what all we have
But hey that's a problem I don't mind having.

:: :: :: :: :: :: ::
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
What are you taking a run at oldustyrelics title or something? ::

I wish I had the space to take advantage of opportunities like that! :: Congrats Kent, can't wait to see the pics. ::

P.S. - I hate you. ::

Just kidding. ::

Wait...no...I was right before...I do hate you. ;) ::

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who said I had the space???? *LOL*
;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to get some pic's up soon. I started my first of 3 night shifts tonight so it might be a few days.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Cool... :: I'm in the same boat as Brian ...I have sleds already sitting in the orchard...The room to put stuff has become a real factor...I've been looking at a 69 vert for a daily driver..but I just don't have any more room to park it.... :(

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Oh ya Ken , :: If you put the top down and pull the headrest out. Your mattress will fit just fine. :: Poof your new bedroom. :: ::
You need another driver ,you really do. ::The one whole croaks with the most toys wins.
::
Troy ;)

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Ken, you can park them here soon; I have a 42x75 being built shortly. You can visit them at the CF's ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts