Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in today's paper.
'72 Cougar Convertible. 351C, 4 Barrel, PT, PW. Needs some work. $4000.

Obviously "Needs some work" is an interesting phrase...and I need another project like I need a hole in the head...and I don't have room for it...and parts for these would HAVE to be hard to come by...and I've never been a huge fan of '72 - '73's (no offense)...and I don't have any money right now, and I have absolutely no time to work on it...and SWMBO....well she's acting a bit tense around the '65 lately...and she'd definitely divorce me if I came home with a new car....

So my question is:

What should I offer for it?

Phil

·
Registered
322 Posts
Better have a look at it first. Check shock towers, cowl, frame rails in rear, torque boxes, and floor pans. Pretty much standard stuff for any Mustang. I completey understand you diema. Just broght home a second parts car two months ago. Wife wants is out of the drive already. She has no appreciation of fine automobiles. If car looks good then $4k is about right. If not then $4k may be a little high. I gave $3300 for the one you see. All above listed items were in good shape except 1 torque box and it's not bad just needs a little work. Interior on my car is the problem.

·
Registered
680 Posts
How about a little road trip? Just picked up a local paper today, and saw a couple of Cougars that you might be interested in. In South Carolina....
#1 1967 Cougar- 289 at. runs good, needs paint $2200.00
#2 2 1967 Cougars 1 parts car-other good body- rust free-both with titles. $2550.00 or best offe
#3 '70 Cougar v8 At. runs good. easy restoration. $1800.00

any sound good? I have the phone numbers, if you are interested...

One other interesting ad for someone with DEEP pockets:1964 Ford Galaxie500- "R" code, 427cu.in. #22 of about 52 made...85% restored...$60,000.00

See anything you like, let me know...

Steve (fordnut)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Leave the cat alone. You already have a pet at home that you don't pay enough attention to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts