Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it was Mine!
So I got married 3 weeks ago, and SWMBO loves going out in drives in it and firmly stated that the boys will not inherit the car as we will one day be buried in it (my eldest who's in the military replied cheekily that that's no problem he'd know where we are buried and just dig it up the next day....)
Anyway, here's a shot of my nephew helping doll up the car with all the wedding stuff. My SWMBO and I could only drive 25 mph to the reception or it would all fly off. Pic of SWMBO and I will probably come later as I get pics in from the photog guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Thats awesome and congratulations. You might need to consider getting another mustang though, LOL.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Congratulations!!! Nice car too.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Congratulations!! - - just remember, what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers.

Beautiful car, love that Frost Turquoise color.

Best of luck!!

John

·
Registered
443 Posts
Congrats on the wedding, and love the car too

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments, very kind and much appreciated :)
Now time for some good driving as a twosome. Woodward maybe for next summer.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Congratulations!!! And Nice Mustang.. Now what is SWMBO?
A term of endearment for our better halves - She Who Must Be Obeyed

John

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Congratulations on getting married! Best thing I ever did.
I'll be leaving my car to whichever of my descendants (4 sons, 5 grandkids so far) can prove they can fix it... with tools, not a plastic card... otherwise, I'm with you. Bury me in it.
Live long and prosper!

Reactions: Cutnshoots

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
I left my wedding in mine 20 years ago ! !

She once asked me if I'd consider trading it for a motorcycle. I said, "Wow. You sound like my first wife." She said, "I thought I was!" I said, "You are.":grin2: Haha! Just kidding!

Since 1999, I've added two boys and two more Mustangs ! !

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS ! ! !

Attachments

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah we're not looking at more kids (whew!) Maybe grandkids, but I keep telling my boys let's not rush it too much lol.
Now on the adding Mustangs!!! Hhhhm.... that may have possibilities one day :)

Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Now on the adding Mustangs!!! Hhhhm.... that may have possibilities one day :)
I don't have a lot of regrets but about 17 years ago I bought another 66, Springtime Yellow hardtop with black interior, 289 and a 3 speed I was gonna fix up for my wife. She loved the color combo and wanted a stick so I had plans to so the whole car and swap in a T5. Started planning a family, limited space and budget, wife said I would never get to it, and I sold it.
I still feel the shame.

Fast forward to last Decemeber and bought a nice Emberglo driver that my now 15-year-old and I are working on, and the 11-year-old wondered when his Nightmist dream car may be found and I got the discovery and deal of a lifetime less than an hour from home. Just keeping that one on the back burner for now... maybe get the wife one someday...

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The wedding GIG is so SMART. My wife has NEVER asked me to sell the Mustang, its part of the family due to the wedding Gig, in fact, in times of financial woes, she would say; "don't even think about it" SWMBO right? Here's mine 21 years ago...

You have a beautiful car, wonderful color - smart Gig! Congratz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
...Here's mine 21 years ago...
MAN ! ! Look at all those door dings ! ! Just kiddin' :wink:

My wife and I were just dating when we were talking about toys and she asked if I ever considered selling or trading for a motorcycle. Of course, my answer was NO. I can ride with three in the cold, or the rain, carry my stuff, I have 4 wheels on the ground and steel wrapped around me, I can have the wind on my legs and face (not as much), and I have reverse ! !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts