Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a couple of requests for the story of my car,well here it is.
In 1977 my mom and dad were driving there 1957 T-bird home to Virginia from California.They stopped in Kansas City Missouri to visit relitives.(My family all came from KC.)My father and uncle drove over to my uncles best friends house to show off the car.While they were there my father was taken into the basement.In the basment in a line side by side were the following,a 63 Rambler station wagon,a 74 Corvett LT1(31K miles with prototype drive train),A 65 Corvett convertable(less than 10K miles)and the 65 Mustang convertable.Also in the basment was a 47 Gibson modle D tractor a 47 Harly(21K miles) and a number of other motor bikes.
He wasn't interested in letting the Mustang go at that time but would let us know when he was.My father contacted the owner again in 1983 and he said he would think about selling it,but decided to keep it a little bit longer.The same thing happend in 1994.
At the end of may this year we had a family reunion in Kansas City.On our second day there my uncle took us by to see his friend (now 83 years old).Setting in the basment in the same spot it was in in 77 was the Mustang.He had pulled the Vet's out earlyer in the year and had fixed them up and given them to his daughters.He said he was ready to let the Mustang go,but would have to resurch it's value.Two days later he called an said he would have to ask his grand daughter if she wanted the car before he would let me buy it.Now for the long wait....A week later he calls ...she dosn't want it(can you belive it????).Wait another week and find out what he wants for it....Not as cheap as I was hopeing,But not as high as I was fearing.
He also though in a mint Sun analizer and 4 gas.
It was a long wait(the last 2 were the worst),but worth it in the end.
If you are going to be in the Fredericksburg,Virginia aria let me know.I'm alway's up to showing off the car.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
That's a great story. Somewhere in my area, there is a gentleman with a barn full of cars, including about 13 Mustang convertibles. The owner refuses to sell any of them, saying he will be distributing them to his children and grandchildren. He even went so far as to have all the Mustangs restored, then put them back in the barn with no covers or other climate controls. According to my restorer, who did them all the first time, they all need to be redone again. Glad your PO finally saw the light and let you buy one.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
You should show off your car by posting some pictures of it.

Also, being from Texas where we don't have basements, how did this guy get the cars in and out of there. Is it a split level house or something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts