Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my vent windows and my quarter windows to the local glass shop the other day for disassembly so I can have the frames rechromed.

While waiting I took a peek in the back bay of the shop. There sat a gorgeous black '65 or '66 fastback 2+2 automatic 289. I didn't do a white glove inspection, but there was no rust, the paint was shiny and the interior was clean. Just the kinda car I dreamed of before I bought my coupe.

After speaking with the glass guy about my work, he asked if I noticed the fastback. Sure, I said. " Its for sale," he says, " the owner is retiring and moving out west and can't keep the car. He's hoping to get $8,000."

The things you see after you sink a king's ransom into a car that is inherently less collectible.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That's the way things usually go! Care to share which glass company that was. I only live about 20 minutes from Medina and wouldn't mind checking that one out. One other thing, do you know if they still have that Saturday evening cruise on route 3 between Medina and Brunswick in that parking lot? I was thinking of cruising down there tonight. ::

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I think you meant RT303? I went out last Saturday and there was a small group of cars down the street west of where they use to meet. I wasn't impressed with it at all. But a buddy said the cars are meeting back on RT42 south of RT303. I haven't gone back yet to check it out but there is at least one spot for the cars to gather up on Saturday night out there.

Two or three more weeks I will have the side job painted and I will be hitting all of the shows.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I went to the cruise in on route 3, at least that was what it was called when I left Medina square heading north through the "newer" part of town toward Brunswick. Maybe it turns into route 42? I was the same place it was last year, in the strip mall parking lot behind the Pizza hut and Mcdonalds. The place was packed. There must have been 250+ cars there. There was probably twice that many spectators. There were actually (4) Plymouth Superbirds in a row. All (4) were that B5 blue. There were many GTO's, Mustangs, Mach 1's at least (2) 2003 Cobras etc. You should check it out. It was far bigger than any other cruise around, like Winks and Massillon. I'll be coming back! ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.