Vintage Mustang Forums banner

There's one in every crowd.

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  22GT 
#1 ·
From my latest Haggerty. The author is definitely trying to get a reaction.

See less See more
#2 ·
but its NOT a mustang its a oramaC telorvehC ! CC rider ! He must be blinded by the light of the mustang. only less than senseless idiots would print that. shows just how stupid and wacked in the head some people are. that makes about as much sense as saying the best mustang engine is the original vw beatle engine.

#3 ·
Funny that the article would be illustrated with an 82+ Camaro. Just ask yourself: Hmmm, how many third gen Camaros are on the road now versus Fox Mustangs? What, maybe 20:1 in favor of the Ford? Or perhaps even more to the point, what is a drag racing Chevy guy with a spare LS motor lying around thinking? "I wonder where I can find a solid Fox Stang to drop this motor?"

#4 ·
The picture of that 85 IROC z with statement about tail lights is rather amusing given the 85 5.0 Mustang was about .3 seconds faster in the 1/4 mile.

The first car I had to drive in high school was our family's 70 Camaro with a 350 2bbl. It was a great car. If someone were to offer me the choice between a 70 Boss 302 or 70 Z28 with the LT1 350... it would be a tough choice. As a kid I always wished our Camaro had the LT1.

Competition always makes things better. I have no problem with that.

#7 ·
If someone were to offer me the choice between a 70 Boss 302 or 70 Z28 with the LT1 350... it would be a tough choice.
That would be a tough choice for me too...even more so if it were a 69 Z28 302.

I recently saw a IROC Z on the road and was surprised how small it looked. I have gotten so used to how big today's cars are. Even modern Mini's are larger than vintage Mustangs.

#14 · (Edited)
I can see that in dirt track racing, but that’s just one small corner of the racing world. And I must say, every dirt track racer I’ve ever met was a die hard Chevy guy/gal, so it makes sense.

Everything from IMSA to drag racing was filled with Mustangs back in the day, so I think in the grand scheme of things, I still can’t agree with the broad statement that F body’s were more readily or easily made into race cars.

#13 ·
Pick any category and count the number of Camaros vs Mustangs older than 25 years old for sale.
Im agreeing with the OP and the number of C's vs Fox "stangs for sale is disproportionately fewer , and what i believe became of so many of the Camaros.

#16 · (Edited)
The Author conveniently avoided referencing the appropriately named Iron Duke. terd terd terd
"the reason it doesn't sell that well is its a sports car"
..oh yeah people hate those.
"the Mustang was conceived as a kind of cute joke"
..and this author has conceived this article. impressive
"when I was six I closed the heavy door of my dads third gen on my thumb"
..I think someone closed it on his head also. After a few years though, good luck getting it to close at all without lifting up on it.

Reactions: DaleB
#18 ·
My Dad bought a new 86’ Z28 305 TPI 4 speed Auto/Overdrive, T-Tops, Red on Black back then....

Awesome car, solid motor, Ran like a beast based on 80’s standards.. Much more car than the new fox Mustangs at the time. I graduated in 90’.. been in a lot of New stock Fox mustangs and first hand experience in my fathers Z.....

Sorry guys.....

#19 ·
Hey, don't make fun of '03 - '09 Camaros. Those are the only years Chevy actually got it right. :)

I keed, I keed. I love first and second generation Camaros, they're beautiful. And I was truly happy to see the Camaro come back to life, as it meant Ford would have to step up and improve the Mustang. The competition from the Camaro as well as several other of the departed (and one or two reincarnated) models is what, in my humble opinion, has pushed Ford to keep the Mustang moving forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.