Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had my drive sahft shortened to fit the 9" rear. they did put new u joints in and balance it, but for $150.00, you would think it woukld have come back all shiney and stuff. i suppose no one will ever see it but me anyway

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I had my starting motor reconditioned last month, which cost around $155. Sure, they painted it - just the wrong colour!

When it went in it was blue, it came back grey and black! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Oh well, it works....

Gary

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
This brings me to the one piece of chrome I will never waste money on for my Mustang - oil pan. I mean, what the hell's the point? Well, the same point I guess as my chrome starter solenoid or my Cool Flex hoses but people can SEE those. You'd have to bend your neck at best to see the oil pan...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Ok, ok - i dont really care about the starting motor being the wrong colour.

But, some people like to go the whole way while their at it. I couldnt see myself buying a chrome oilpan, but i CAN understand it.

If you did buy one,and you ever barrel-rolled your car, it would at least show people that you were thorough /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gary

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well when I went to replace my oil pan which was badly dented I found a chrome one on sale for the same price as a stock one so I thought what the heck! Is a pain to keep clean from grime that you would never see on a painted one.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Actually, I prefer that they don't paint my parts cause they always do a crappy job! I'm not a chrome guy either. I want it to look all business...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts