Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, its kinda immature of me, but think about it...you really dont see many video games with Stangs on them. That I know of there's only 2 games out there for the PS2 with Stangs. Gran Turismo 3 (00' Cobra R, and a bad ass Shelby Cobra too!) and Test Drive (68 1/2 Mustang Cobra Jet). C'mon... yet there's like 50 "Ricer" games. THAT'S JUST NOT FAIR!

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,855 Posts
I saw a recent ad on TV for a new "Stunt Driver" game. I didn't notice for sure if it was for PS2. I think so. I saw at least 3 different classic Mustangs in it. Check it out and let us know.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, no Stangs. There's a 66 Conv. for the TV ad, but there isnt any on the game. = (

·
Registered
553 Posts
maybe you have to unlock them or something, that has to be the rear of a 67 fastback in the TV commercial. on the computer there is a game called Motor City Online, it has a 65 and a 70 Boss. and you circuit race or drag race against other real people online. it's pretty cool, but i prefer to drive the real thing, and the monthly fee got old after awhile.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have Motor City Online and there is a 65 stang and a 70 stang. There are also 70 Mach 1's and Boss 429's.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,855 Posts
Man that's a rip! I don't have a PS2 so I don't pay a lot of attention to the ads, but still. I swear there's a 69 fastback wacking a helicopter and another Mustang in there. Next time it comes on I'll study it hard.
It might be like Midtown Madness. All I heard was 68 Fastback. They had a multiple demos at the Charlotte SAAC a couple of years ago with all screens racing the Mustang. I buy the stupid game and you have win 10 races or so before you get to drive it. Then when you do get it, it's useless because it corners like a pig. I felt ripped off. Actually the whole game pissed me off. As long as the other cars are in sight, they crash and have problems just like you do. If you let them out of sight they turn into Mario Andretti and you never see them again until the finish line.
I did discover a cool and stupid cheat to win one of the races though. It involves using the semi to destroy all the other racers so they can't finish. Hehehe. Most fun I had with the stupid game.

G

·
0 Posts
NFS 3 has a '65 built in you can drive with codes, however, the game allows easy addons and updates which you can download from thhe internet. I added a 289 and 427 Shelby Cobra, 69 and 70 mach 1, 70 Cougar eliminator, and a 427 Cobra Datona. There are sites that are devoted to muscle cars for this game.

Second, Sports Car GT. A cheap game that is alright, no mustangs to begin with, but, addons galore. The graphics are a lot better than NFS 3 with wet car reflections and a gazillion extra tracks. A little bit harder to add cars but not confusing. I have the entire '69 and '70 Trans Am Series car grid and most of the tracks. Plenty of sights devoted to the muscle car, mustangs, and dragsters.

Both bames are for the PC and will run a Pentium 2 or faster with good quality graphics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts