Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys tomorrow I have a chance to run with my dad to vegas and I was wandering if there are any cool thing car related (mustangs) that would make a day trip there worth it. And then second on Wednesday Im going to Lake Tahoe for the weekend and was wandering if while Im there I should go and see any great mustang shops. I was thinking of stopping in at summit and seeing if they have any parts in sparks anything else worth seeing up there.

John

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Harrah's auto museum in Reno/Sparks is something worth seeing if you can take a small side trip when in Tahoe...

Personally, cars would be the last thing on my mind if going to Tahoe...take the paddleboat out to Vikingsholm and have a nice dinner...
Drive up to Fallen Leaf Lake and do some hiking. Lovely views..
Check out the Taylor Creek stream observatory near Camp Richardson...I used to go there in autumn to view the salmon from an underground chamber as they started up Taylor Creek to spawn.
Don't miss the fireworks in Tahoe (if anyone is doing fireworks this year)...they used to shoot them off a barge in the water near Harrah's...don't know if they still do. Best free fireworks shows I've ever seen; sit on the beach, listen to great music and enjoy the show.

I know this doesn't help much but when I go to Tahoe, cars are the last thing on my mind...*G*

Only reason I've gone to Vegas was to gamble or to drag race...can't help much there

Have fun!

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Hey, John, it's like the VMF is your personal Expedia? or Travelocity? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Just bustin' them; I don't know much about Vegas other than exploding volcanoes and white lions. Have fun! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
See if you can get a plant tour. I think they have tours every day they are open. They open at like 10 AM. It is out by the speedway in the industrial park.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I ask you guys just to see if you have any car ideas. I have been to all these place tons of times. I am just going now for the first time since I got into mustangs and just wandering if all these years I have missed anything. And yes they still have the fireworks on a barge we watch them every year from our friends boat. And I do do other things like wake board and go to emerald bay and cruise on down to the nude beach lol and stuff like that. Ya we will prob make a trip once down to reno for the women who love to shop and the only malls are down in reno so maybe this time the guys can go check out the museum. Thanks Guys later

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts