Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as SWMBO and I are carpooling home last night, I see a '69 Coupe parked at an intersection with a for sale sign on it. <what follows is a dramatic re-enactment>

SWMBO: "Gee, I've always thought those 69-70 coupes look pretty good"
SacBill: "Yeah, I should buy it and I could drive that one while I'm putting sLime back together."
SWMBO: "Sure, why don't you!"
SacBill (not verbally, but with wild hand motions): "Make a U-turn, honey!"

The car is a 302 2-v, AT, AC (working), standard interior's in good shape (dash pad's cracked - so what's new?), the car looks to be straight, rear bumper's dinged, engine compartment looks almost entirely original (that is, no aftermarket parts, cut up wires, etc), there's some rust bubbling around one of the taillight bezels. It seems to look pretty good for a 5-minute quick overview.

The story is this guy's wife's been driving it for about 5 years, but he's selling it because she bought a new car. They bought it from the original owner (would that be the "OO?") .

My plan is to check it out this weekend for a closer look. It looks like it might be a nice car to tool around in - a real grocery getter. The only thing I noticed is that the rear end seems to be sitting a little high - like it was jacked up. I asked about that, and the owner said it didn't have air shocks, shackles, or anything like that; he'd just put new shocks on recently. Any ideas what might be causing this ?

He's asking $3900 for it. Any comments / buying tips from '69-savvy VMFers would be appreciated....

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Any comments / buying tips from '69-savvy VMFers would be appreciated....
I'd recommend you fly in Whizco!!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Hey Bill, offer him $500.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif All he can do is say no, then just work your way up to a mutual price. Seriously, I bet you could get it for about $2500 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Hey Bill, offer him $500.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif All he can do is say no, then just work your way up to a mutual price. Seriously, I bet you could get it for about $2500 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

BTW, here's a couple of photos of my $500 jalopy! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/69/55/12295529-5330-01840123-.jpghttp://a8.cpimg.com/image/68/55/12295528-f000-01840123-.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts