Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Well damn! I was looking for excuses not to mini tube and keep running skinny "relatively" tires and you go and show it can be done! How it is possible to make the stamped metal inner quarter pieces look undisturbed is very impressive!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well damn! I was looking for excuses not to mini tube and keep running skinny "relatively" tires and you go and show it can be done! How it is possible to make the stamped metal inner quarter pieces look undisturbed is very impressive!
Most people and quite a few mustang owners probably wouldn’t even know it was modded looking in the trunk. It isn’t difficult at all. Very time consuming though. Think I must be 80-100 hours into it. Probably 10-15 is added for frame, seat and watts mods depending on skill level (which I have very little). I wouldn’t hesitate if you have the time and patience. I did it in the summer because that is the cars down time anyway. I’d imagine the opposite would be true for you. There is no way I would have been happy doing most of that work for an inch. I will report back once I get some wheels and tires under it. Still have 8” wheels and 235s right now. Have lots of room to play with.

center of the tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Coil Gas

front
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

car is sitting pretty low too

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
308 Posts
Oh and for @RTM I have a stock width axle (9” from QP) and my wheels appear to need to have to have 3.5” front spacing. So if I use a 10.5” wheel I need 7” backspace. Doing 18x10’s for now because they’re WAY cheaper with 6.44 bs and I’ll get back to this thread to show if it fits.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Oh and for @RTM I have a stock width axle (9” from QP) and my wheels appear to need to have to have 3.5” front spacing. So if I use a 10.5” wheel I need 7” backspace. Doing 18x10’s for now because they’re WAY cheaper with 6.44 bs and I’ll get back to this thread to show if it fits.
When I was measuring for wheels I was coming up with needing at least 6 inch BS or more. Hoping I can stuff an 11 wide rim and a 315 under it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
RTM…what axle width?

·
Registered
308 Posts
When I was measuring for wheels I was coming up with needing at least 6 inch BS or more. Hoping I can stuff an 11 wide rim and a 315 under it.
I think I could get away with an 11" wheel and 315's if the bs was absolutely perfect. I will start with the 10" with a 315 and use it as a baseline for when I order forever wheels.

Reactions: RTM

·
Registered
308 Posts
18x10 6.44 bs stock width axle.
Hood Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Barware

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Thats acres of room!

Reactions: Anangryford
41 - 50 of 50 Posts