Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well if you look at my post about the alternator wiring you will see where i am coming from

the shop manual shows wires going to the regulator, alternator, positive, and then in the ****pit somewhere, as well as a wire connecting the positive directly to the alternator.

My 67 has a double pair going to battery<->harness, and another set of wires going harnes<->alternator. the colors are half right etc etc.

Well i dug into the harness, and lo and behold the big two wires that i was hunting down are joined in the middle! its actually a twisted splice of 4 seperate wires, joining the positive of the battery, the BAT of the alternator, the alternator voltage regulator thing, and some more wires in the ****pit. Funny thing is they arent crimped together well or anything, just held together and fused/sealed with some kind of rubber stuff.

If you guys want ill post pictures sometime.

Why did this come up? Im putting the battery in the trunk and the starter solonoid back there, so im trying to run my positive's and solonoid wiring all back into the passenger compartment instead of the front of the engine compartment.

Simplifying by complicating things..... the Shagg-way. (because if your going to do it, it better be pro!)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
there is a ammeter shunt in the harness from battery to alt and ammeter connection. PM me your wire colors and list of questions and i will try and help. your description is not clear to me but i am a little dense sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts