Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy wanting to trade his 81 Pantera GT5 Sport, for the 68 Shelby GT500. What do you think?

Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Straight across or with a few $$$ tossed in ? Always loved Panteras . What year and mileage on the car ? The car looks very nice .......

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Wow that is a tight one. At first I thought no way but that pantera looks really nice. I guess I have seen too many crappy ones.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this for that

Tell him yes and give him my contact info!

What for? If you want to make a cash offer for the Shelby your welcome to make one?

My highest offer to date is $115K care to beat it?

Troy

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell him no and give him my contact info!

What would you pay for the Pantera if I was to trade? Current asking value is $145K .
But I do not think the market is barring that right now.

Troy

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you looking at it from an investment side or big boy toy side?
Do you drive them or sit and look at them?
Which is more fun to drive?
Which has more tech support?

Sounds cheezy but I'd make a list and look at the + & -

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this for that

Are you looking at it from an investment side or big boy toy side?
Do you drive them or sit and look at them?
Which is more fun to drive?
Which has more tech support?

Sounds cheezy but I'd make a list and look at the + & -

I drive them and show them. Both have tech support. I think investment. After 138 mustangs and 1 Shelby I have been playing with big boy toys for some time.

Will continue to beat myself up over this till Sunday when I go see it. I like the idea of having a 1 in 20 in the world for 1981.

The auction trend right now is Pantera going up. Shelby going down still. Unless you have a rotisserie nut and bolt resto done. This is a number 2 driver.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this for that

I once owned a 67 GT500......Good God, man, say yes!
Is that your gut feeling saying that because you like yellow. LOL.......

It will come down to condition and the under carriage , Rust ? I could take my lucky coin with me and toss him.

He has a 69 Camaro Indy pace car , V8 , 4sp, convertible in pieces on a rotisserie .

Pantera+ Indy pace car for Shelby.

Of course If I got it I would just sell it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Love the 68 Shelby...if it was only a convertible it would keep it....being a fastback...not sure....My favorite all time car is a 68 Shelby convertible in blue with white top.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the 68 Shelby...if it was only a convertible it would keep it....being a fastback...not sure....My favorite all time car is a 68 Shelby convertible in blue with white top.
Mine also but missing my chance in 2006 for a white 68 GT350 convert for $56K

in 08 traded for the fastback.

But I did build this 68 Cal Special convertible Mod. Always wanted something a little different.

Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Is that your gut feeling saying that because you like yellow. LOL.......

It will come down to condition and the under carriage , Rust ? I could take my lucky coin with me and toss him.

He has a 69 Camaro Indy pace car , V8 , 4sp, convertible in pieces on a rotisserie .

Pantera+ Indy pace car for Shelby.

Of course If I got it I would just sell it.
No, it comes from driving a GT500. When I hear "lump" used as an engine description the FE Ford pops into my head.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went and looked and decided not to trade. With the stress cracks in 3 out of 4 corners of the windshield post, chips in the paint, stress cracks in the deck lid to quarter area, interior smells old. Ware on drivers seat, I just felt the value was around $65-$75K do to it only being 1 of 20.

I figured it would be better for our family to sell the Shelby for $130K and purchase a restored 70's Pantera for Half. Or ????

Troy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts