1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Mustang Fastback 289-2V, 3-Speed M/T
472 Posts
Andy, aka @aakrusen, has some great videos out there. I have watched the work he performed on his coupe and now his fastback. Seems like a great guy and creates content that is great quality, easy to understand. He tells you upfront that he is no expert and just doing the videos to help others. I subscribed to his channel and study his videos for work I will be doing to my own car.

·
Registered
1966 T code coupe
788 Posts
I have also subscribed to his channel. I've learned some things from him. And he's very responsive if you ask him a question on there.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I will check it out. Sounds like a refreshing alternative to the YouTube guys who chain smoke, curse, spew conspiracy theories and, eventually, get around to working on cars.

I prefer to keep politics as far away from car talk as possible ( not always easy these days ) Andys videos are straight to the point and a wealth of information for the regular guy who isn't a life long ford or mustang "know it all" or mechanic like alot of members here....not including me.

I appreciate his YT content...alot.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Incredible coverage of different areas on our old junk.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
I like watching Andy's videos even if he's doing a project either I have already done, or don't plan on doing anytime soon. Like others have stated, he's to the point without a lot of jibber-jabber that's pointless.

·
Registered
65 Coupe 289
50 Posts
I am no expert on this stuff and he makes it easy to relate and understand. I just realized I wasn't subscribed(till now). He will do projects and even struggle with a few things. It is a breathe of fresh air from the videos of guys tapping once, twice on a spindle and the lca magically pops off. Give me a break!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I will check it out. Sounds like a refreshing alternative to the YouTube guys who chain smoke, curse, spew conspiracy theories and, eventually, get around to working on cars.
It's definitely better than most of the YouTube automotive repair videos I've watched. One guy I watched spent the whole time jabbering and didn't show him remove or replace one bolt. Another guy I watched spent half the video bragging about how he was such an expert, ASE certified and worked at LARGE dealership. Then, the first tool he picked to remove the ignition solenoid was a crescent wrench. Oh, and he didn't even disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I watched only one so far but I agree. He keeps it short and to the point. Unlike some others who seem to think I want to see videos of an old guy looking for his tools or opening a box… 😄

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's definitely better than most of the YouTube automotive repair videos I've watched. One guy I watched spent the whole time jabbering and didn't show him remove or replace one bolt. Another guy I watched spent half the video bragging about how he was such an expert, ASE certified and worked at LARGE dealership. Then, the first tool he picked to remove the ignition solenoid was a crescent wrench. Oh, and he didn't even disconnect the battery.
Yea no kidding!! I was watching a guy on youtube the other day who was doing some painting and the whole time he was cursing and mentioning how bad expensive the product was that he was spraying. Andy is the common guy who likes wrenching on his own projects and is that guy at the car show who is not arrogate about sharing his knowledge with others. Keep up the good work @aakrusen !! (y)(y)

·
Registered
12,649 Posts
I prefer to keep politics as far away from car talk as possible ( not always easy these days ) Andys videos are straight to the point and a wealth of information for the regular guy who isn't a life long ford or mustang "know it all" or mechanic like alot of members here....not including me.

I appreciate his YT content...alot.
It's not always politics. I've heard guys rant about how every college-educated mechanical engineer is an absolute moron. "I'm an unemployed, eighth grade dropout living in a camp trailer on my sister's land in West Virginia. And I know more than all them college boys in Detroit!". :D

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
2,094 Posts
For a novice like me its really hard to find good how to videos without a bunch of fluff or partial info. I don't need a comedy bit, I don't need to listen to somone yak for 15 min and get off topic, and I don't want to watch videos where multiple steps are skipped off camera.

Andy walks you through it and actually explains what he's doing and shows you while he's doing it in a very straight forward way. All with out wearing a stupid paramedic shirt or doing a comedy bit. What a concept!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts