Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://nashville.craigslist.org/car/462242449.html

When I sent him a message about it this is what I got from him.

ok look it matches the vin on the door and on the fender ok now let it go. no on tag on door says 65 and the vin was run by ford and the say 65. ok so ford does not a thing about it and the title that match the vin is all wrong wow guess these people know nothing

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
So have you told him he's on crack yet? :lol:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I think we should all tell him it's a '67 and not a '65. Maybe we can make him blow a gasket. }:|

Frank

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just sent him a friendly email myself explaining that it's a 67. We'll see if he responds.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The side scoop looks like a 67 but we need a closer picture to be certain.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just pulled up the add and it says 1967 now. Guess he finally got the picture. ;)

·
Registered
382 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
441 Posts
69 Rustang said:
I may send another message telling him its a '65 just to stir the pot...

That is definately awesome thinking. LMAO.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
If he is really selling for health reasons, he may have more important things to be concerned about

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure,maybe. But at the same time then he really didn't need to be selling a 1967 car with a 1965 title like he was clearly stating he was doing. There was also the possibility that the 1967 car may have been stolen way back when and a door tag from a 65 thrown on with the title to a 65. Most people can't tell the difference between a 65 and a 67. Just look at the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy" with Julia Roberts. She drives to the old folks home to se her mother in a white 67 convertible and drives home in a white 66 convertible.

If he sells the car that way this could come back to bite him. That's why I contacted him about it so he could check his facts AND his car. The snotty response i got back is what deserves the chuckle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The car will be in much better hands when an owner gets it that atleast knows what year the car is. ;)

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
"Just look at the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy" with Julia Roberts. She drives to the old folks home to se her mother in a white 67 convertible and drives home in a white 66 convertible."

ROTFL I never saw that movie, but that's hilarious!

John Harvey

N

·
0 Posts
Snotty response? Hell I cant even understand him....must be that kentuckinese language eh?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Gingerstang said:
The side scoop looks like a 67 but we need a closer picture to be certain.
You're kidding, right? :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts