Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bungee cord for a battery tie down

+1 on the Fram Oil Filter

John
When I was in high school the battery hold down broke on my 65 conv. I told my dad, and being old school, he comes down with one his belts. At first I thought I was in trouble...but he just used it to wrap around the battery. It was an effective albeit ugly battery tie down for 20 years.

·
Dimples
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Alan, that really hurts man!
Hah, that stung for me too a little bit, but I think the variety in opinions is valuable. It would be boring if we all agreed on that kind of stuff.

When I was in high school the battery hold down broke on my 65 conv. I told my dad, and being old school, he comes down with one his belts. At first I thought I was in trouble...but he just used it to wrap around the battery. It was an effective albeit ugly battery tie down for 20 years.
Oh man, I think I would have to leave that on there forever. That's cool.

·
Registered
90 Posts
+1 on the color wire loom stuff all over the place.

one thing I didn't expect to see was all this fram oil filter hate. what gives? never really had a problem with them, and didn't realize whenever someone sees one on a car they start to cringe.

·
Dimples
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
one thing I didn't expect to see was all this fram oil filter hate. what gives? never really had a problem with them, and didn't realize whenever someone sees one on a car they start to cringe.
Google it. Every independent test I've ever seen ranks them at the bottom of the list as far as quality of construction. I think there's a more expensive model that scores ok, but there are better choices at that price point.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Fresh paint, new interior, but everything under the hood looks like cr*p... Ugh... :(

·
Registered
9,476 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,010 Posts
I hope poor old dad had another belt. 20 years of his pants falling down is too long !!!

Z

·
Registered
248 Posts
What wheels do you have on that beast, they look great? Size? Tires?

Vintage Wheel Works V48 17x8 on rear with BFG TA2 245/45/17, 17x7 on front with 225/45/17

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
What things on a classic Mustang make you go, "uh oh". when you see someone else's car or one that's for sale?
How about a so-called "Clone"? I fully understand added "upgrades" to your Mustang, your car do as you wish. But to add some upgrades or some things that came on a certain model and then call it a "Clone". WHAT? A clone of what? I dig Shelbys, really, I dig Shelbys...but to add a Shelby feature and call it a "Clone", well, it makes me go "uh oh"...

Happy Halloween...

Allen

·
Premium Member
2,296 Posts
How about a so-called "Clone"? I fully understand added "upgrades" to your Mustang, your car do as you wish. But to add some upgrades or some things that came on a certain model and then call it a "Clone". WHAT? A clone of what? I dig Shelbys, really, I dig Shelbys...but to add a Shelby feature and call it a "Clone", well, it makes me go "uh oh"...

Happy Halloween...

Allen
What if I'm adding the gt/cs taillights to my coupe?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
What if I'm adding the gt/cs taillights to my coupe?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I really don't understand your question, but I couldn't care less what you add to your car...

If you're calling it a clone after adding "the gt/cs taillights", then I say "uh-oh" as the OP asked...

Allen

·
Registered
664 Posts
Street sign floor pans.
V8 engine, four lug wheels.
New floor pans laid in place but not fastened to the car in any fashion. (A local car, I swear.)
Caliper hoses pretzeled because someone flipped the caliper the last brake job and didn't notice.
Shackles!
Air shocks!
Snow tires!
That's an inventory of my first mustang.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
"Fram oil filters. I've had both fail."

I just have to know.... What failed on a Fram Oil Filter??? The seal??? The suspense is killing me..

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
When I see Bullitt clone mustangs.

·
Registered
691 Posts
My Chevy truck lost oil pressure and started running rough. Having recently read about Fram's failures, I changed my Fram oil filter and it was happy again.

I was riding with a friend in a Jeep GC. The engine started missing and backfiring and lost power. He thought the engine was blown. Looking it over I saw the Fram filter and suggested changing it first as it was the cheapest course of action. The engine ran fine after changing the filter, but the oil pressure was half of what it was. Even though his Jeep was now running, he refused to believe a Fram filter was the culprit.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts