Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't win, it seams. my drivers side repo fender fit like crap, it was an inch and a half off. so i chalk it up to the fact that it was a repo, and i go and get myself a rust free original fender. I put it on today, and it is the SAME [email protected]#^ing problem!!! I had all of the inner fenders & core support replaced by a reputable mustang restoration shop (cost me $700 too!!!), but the inner fenders being wrong is the only thing i can think of that would make it not fit properly. It just agervates me that no matter how much work i do to the car, it always seems like i am going backwards! I am leaving for school in 3 weeks, and i was really hopping to get it ready to be painted while i am gone, but it looks like that is not going to happen now.
I think i need a break from this car.
thanks for listening

- Jason

G

·
0 Posts
Alot of times when things are not going right that is just what you need to do. Take a break!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Jason, I can totally relate. Sometimes it just goes that way. Sometimes taking a break not only lets you think more clearly and come up with new ideas, but gives you the strength to go at it again. I've taken over a week off from wrencing on my cars up until yesterday when I started getting my '66 ready for this weekend's show. I needed the break, and feel much better now.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Get some measurements from another car with the same front clip and see if it is off. If it is off more than say 1/4" and causes this fender problem go to shop and make them fix it for free or raise hell!

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Post some pics of the affected areas, maybe someone here would be able to get you back on the right track. If the restoration shop didn't have a frame maching or any way to measure the dimensions then it may very well be off. You may have to take it to a frame shop for a body pull to get it right back on specs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts