Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is awesome! item: 1846416231
torino cobra with 429, for those that don't go look.
I wonder why they arent more popular. Ive NEVER seen one before, or heard of them. I want one! Is this car as cool as it look's??? I would trade my stang in a second for it. And if it had a 4 speed, wow. The black makes it look real mean. What do you think? Anybody have one here? Wanna trade?? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hey, I think they have one of those on the website www.carsinbarns.com. Why are they not more popular, well, I don't know. Maybe it is their reputation, because everyone I talked to about them refers to the car as, well, cruddy (but they chose words with four letters to describe them). I think the 68 GT's look mean and I also don't understand why they aren't so popular. But hey, a lack of demand for the car means less money people will have to pay to buy one!!! BTW, this car sold for 7,500. Imagine how much a 429 Stang would go for!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a '70 Cyclone Spoiler. 1631 made. Mine is a 429SCJ 4:30 Drag-Pac car that RIPS!!! Can't find them, can't sell them. No one wants these things because they aren't Mustangs. Got a few at cars in barns too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW It's not a Cobra either. If it was the engine code in the vin would be a "C" for a CJ or a "J" for a SCJ. "N" is for 429 Thunder-Jet rated at 360HO, CJ was 370, SCJ 375

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prariebronze you are all mixed up. That car is a cobra. What makes it so is the 0*38N****** Vin. The 38 is a 2dr cobra Sportsroof. You are correct in stateing the N code is a Thunder-Jet. This was the Base engine in Torino Cobras. C-codes were Non-ramair CJ motors J-codes were Ramair CJ motors. The only way to get a SCJ was to order a code V or W rear axel ratio 3.91 T-lok or 4.30 Detroit locker. These were know as Drag Paks. I have a C-code Drag Pak car of the W flavor. It is also a special paint car. I also run a Torino cobra Registry which should be in my sig. For more info You can go to my site or to www.torinocobra.com That is the best place for info and pics on these cars. Another Tid Bit was that in '71 Half of the Cobras were M code small block cars.

As for the spoilers they are much more rare and less desireable although I like them almost as much, which is alot. Their value is beginning to be realized now. It's a shame because you couldn't give them away in the 80's and early 90's and many were destoyed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts