Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a response to one of my recent posts it occurred to me that sometimes with these older cars modifications need to be made to replace worn parts with new ones. There is often the possibility that the old part will no longer be usable if you make a mistake when engineering the modification. Does this freak you guys out sometimes?

·
Registered
673 Posts
for example?

Thespazardman

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cutting out old sheet metal was probably the worst, but the most recent one is I am replacing the rag joint after a steering box rebuild and the reply to my post said to grind the heads off the pins on the coupling and drive them out with a hammer.
The replacement does come with new threaded pins but they're not the same size as the originals. I don't see the replacement coupling in NPD's catalog so once I do this its done.

G

·
Naw, man, just be FREEEEEEEEEEEE. . . if it breaks, man. . .it's car-ma. . . .get it? parts are cheap, dude, yeah right on, you only live once man, the ride is. . .the ride dude, get it? Just let go man, besides the extra money you spend today, is putting food in the next dudes mouth.. . . .right on.

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,756 Posts
Hey Roman... have another beer and pass the joint this way.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
Some of the fun in this is finding a better way to do
something than the factory did. Money and time was
a factor when these cars where build. If you have lots
of time you can make some cool stuff for your ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts