Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life sometimes sucks! And right now it does just that. Im going to a knee catilage transplant. Im going in on October 4th and hope to be there only a couple of days. But the bad part is unlike a knee replacement, where they want you up on walking, I get to sit for 4 o 6 weeks and not put any wieght on this at all. And then the next 4 to 6 weeks start to add wieght very slowly. Doctor has aready excused me off work thru the 14th of January of 2005. And then we have wait and see from there. How am I going to be able to sit still for 3 to 4 months. I'LL GO MAD!!!! Denver

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Sorry to hear about your continued knee problem. How about lining up some pumpkins and doing an assembly-line thing?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Im wondering.
One of the reasons i got out of the body business many moon ago ,was because of an old feller who taught me the business, back when lead was used for repairs, he had all kinds of leg and hip joint problems.
He blammed it on standing on the concrete floor all day.
I was going to email you again about rebuilding or swapping my 8 inch pumpkin. 3.00 gears are howling at me more and more each year. (summer weekend driver)
But, im in no hurry i can wait till next winter.
Since, it looks like you gonna have some spare time on your hands, email me with your thoughts on my pumpkin in a couple months or so. I was thinkin of pulling the pumkin and bringing it up to you, if you recall my son lives in your area, so i thought id drop it off when im visiting him some time.... i guess ill make it a little later.. later.
p.s. im down here in Amish County

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My knee problem is because of my job, but in a little different fashion. I slipped on the wet floor that has bondo dust on it and fell forward over my top of my right knee, bending it backwards. THIS HURT! I'll be spending a lot time here on a daily basis Im sure. Denver

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Sorry to hear about your knee. I know there's no bright side to having surgery but atleast you will be down during the colder weather and not all summer.

I go in for surgery on the 24th but it's by my choice. I will be in and out in a day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I myself have had 2 knee surgeries on my right knee and was told that I may need a knee replacement in the future, so I feel your pain... My only advice (besides seconding the video game advice), is to build up your quad and hamstring muscles when you have sufficently recovered as this will help support your knee in the future and may actually reduce your pain level (it has helped with mine).
Good luck! :)
Rachel

·
Registered
330 Posts
I feel for you, I know exactly what you are going to go through. Last Aug 07/04 I was in a car accident, (not my fault), (not one of my vintage cars), I now sport a compound fracture of the upper femur. With any luck I may be able to start applying some weight within the next two weeks. Mean while I have to have people help with doors, spring loaded ones are a bitch at times, carrying stuff around for me. How many times can one watch reruns of Overhauling etc…can’t even properly wash my cars while balancing on crutches!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts