Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was suppposed to be the weekend that I finally get her on the road after 2 1/2 years. Finished the reupoulstry yesterday (yea...seats!). New Autolite battery all charged up and ready to go (I've been starting her regularly so no problem there) but wait, no spark? How can that be, she was running the day before. Check everything that I know. Consult the forum this morning and decide to change the coil. I have one of those around here somewhere. Get on the ladder, find the coil. Upon installing coil break off one of the terminals (wrong nut?). Get back on ladder to look for another spare coil. Out of the parts box to the garage floor falls an original outside mirror. Broken glass. Successful in keeping 2 year olds feet out of glass. Not successful in keeping own feet from being cut, ouch. Clean up glass, jury rig an allocator clip to hold wire on to broken post. Get in car (what? no interior lights) Left key on all night and drained brand new battery to 0. Battery is on currently on charge but I'm wondering if that is wise............might cause a car fire the way I'm going and I still don't know if the coil is the problem or not.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Yeah bro, hang in there. My damn 4th cylinder spark plug wire keeps popping off the distributor cap, leading to a really, really bad stumble. I keep having to mess with it. I've tried 4 brands of spark plug wires and 3 brands of distributor caps! Maybe my 4th cylinder is a "christine cylinder" or something!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts