Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished building this shop for him about two weeks ago and look at it already :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
So many toys.

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Very Nice, did he work for TEXACO or just like the product??

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
thats not a shop! thats a Show Room!

X 2 on the jealous!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He just likes the Texaco signs and anything else that he can find.

I think he has three pumps being restored right now and will have the ones in the pictures done after those.

He has a 62 Vette at my house and a very nice 31 La Sal at my place.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Shop?

That's a term used very loosely. It's a beautiful building, but it doesn't look like it sees a lot of work.

I love those 12' ceilings, what a waste of space without a lift though...

Dave

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What? it all depends on who is doing the work lol He did a lot of work putting all those signs up:) Your right though it won' see much hard physical car work except for waxing and buffing his toys. All the hard work happens at my shop, dang something is wrong with that picture!

Oh ya, he is buying two lifts in April. He can then take the two cars he has at my house and one over at one of my friends house and put them in his shop. That's why the back wall has very little on it.

Thanks on the complement. I loved building that shop, it turned out very nice, thanks.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Just out of curiousity...

The roll-up doors don't fit into the overall scheme of things.

Was there a reason why those doors were used as opposed to something more in line with what the main house is using? Maybe putting a coat of paint on them to match the house garage doors would look better?

Dave

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They need painted and he is going to do that when weather gets better. We talked about framing the doors the same, but they wanted a little difference between the house and shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts